Need Some Recommendations

Share and discuss.

Need Some Recommendations

Postby WendyDarling » Sat May 13, 2017 3:12 am

I think this program
LMMS (formerly Linux MultiMedia Studio) is a digital audio workstation software.
is way over my head in technical difficulty. My jaw dropped at first sight of all the bells and whistles.

Can anybody recommend an easier program to manufacture original music on? Something that provides keys and drums (no plug-ins needed) and a simple user interface with a 4-8 track set-up?

If I don't invest in a real microphone, I'll have to lay my vocals down on my phone and upload them. A headache waiting to happen.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Need Some Recommendations

Postby WendyDarling » Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Okay, I hotwired my iphone earbuds with mic to my PC, now where are those recommendations people?

Make your own song with the UJAM studio!

The UJAM Studio is your personal, easy to use, cloud-based studio that lets you make your own music – even if you don't have musical or technical knowledge.

Start your session by:

Singing: Sing into your computer's microphone. The UJAM Studio will analyze your recording and create a matching playback.
Uploading: Upload a vocal track from your computer. Again, UJAM will create the backing track.
Rejamming: Select and edit one of our song templates. No need to sing, and you'll still get great results.
As UJAM uses real instruments recorded by professional producers, so the result will always sound great. Want your song to sound like Rock, Hip-Hop or Jazz? Every style is just one click away. You can even combine instruments from different genres and create your own custom style. https://www.ujam.com/ujamstudio

A possibility that I haven't downloaded yet. Anyone familiar?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby fuse » Fri May 19, 2017 6:52 am

I dabbled in a small niche subset of these programs. I tried making chip music for a brief spell with a program called FamiTracker. It emulates the NES sound chip to produce authentic "chip" (8-bit) music. It has a little learning curve, but I got the hang of it.

People make stuff like this:

I've always wanted to try out one of the big name DAWs (i.e. Fruity Loops Studio, Logic Pro, Abelton Live, Renoise) but I never got around to it. They're probably all pretty intimidating at first. If you have a Mac, I think Apple GarageBand is supposed to be beginner friendly.

What kind of music are you trying to make and what's your OS?
fuse
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri May 19, 2017 7:08 am

I actually liked that piece way more than I expected to, but more interested in 8 track than 8-bit.

Pop, inspirational, dark industrial. I'm trying to remember how many finished lyrics/melodies I have on my digital recorder (which I can't find yet).

Windows 10 desktop.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri May 19, 2017 7:13 am

Will you post your stuff in a new thread I'll start for your original ILP pieces? That thread is in my drafts, empty.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby fuse » Fri May 19, 2017 7:27 am

WendyDarling wrote:I actually liked that piece way more than I expected to, but more interested in 8 track than 8-bit.

Okay, yeah, chip music trackers like FamiTracker are another world.

WendyDarling wrote:Pop, inspirational, dark industrial. I'm trying to remember how many finished lyrics/melodies I have on my digital recorder (which I can't find yet).

Cool.

WendyDarling wrote:Windows 10 desktop.

Check out FL Studio, Mixcraft, and Bitwig - I don't know if any of these are beginner programs but I've heard good things about them. LMMS didn't look bad either, especially since it's totally free.
Last edited by fuse on Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby fuse » Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 am

WendyDarling wrote:Will you post your stuff in a new thread I'll start for your original ILP pieces? That thread is in my drafts, empty.

Maybe if I can find the little things I made. The song above isn't mine, btw, it's what I aspired to make. I may actually get into this stuff again.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 am

Found the recorder! Yes! :D PM me when you're ready.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 am

Update: The UJAM studio works without any download but there is a bit of a learning curve, nothing nearly as complicated as the LMMS program though.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun May 28, 2017 4:29 am

This project is on hold until I get a decent microphone. Anybody have a good vocal condenser microphone that isn't expensive?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed May 31, 2017 3:41 am

Switching gears...anyone familiar with Renata Salecl, a philosopher, sociologist and legal theorist? Her book titles sound interesting, these two in particular...(Per)Versions of Love and Hate and The Tyranny of Choice .
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment