Carl Jung

I’ve never read any of his work and I want to get a good sense of his major ideas - where should I start?

Well this post went well… (crickets) :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t really help, fuse. I’ve only ducked in and out of Jung mainly because much of his writings were aimed at fellow psychiatrists and dry as a nuns vag so it was difficult to penetrate (if you know what I mean) or just plain boring.

Regardless, his auto/biography – Memories, Dreams, Reflections – is good, as is Man and His Symbols - mainly because it was written for the layman rather than the technocrats. I got most of my Jungian knowledge from people like Joseph Campbell. You don’t hear much of JC today… so check out Joseph Campbell, too.

Thanks for rescuing this post from oblivion, Chakra …by saying you can’t help :stuck_out_tongue:

I confess I haven’t even looked into Jung yet. My interest springs from following the goings-on with professor Jordan Peterson, whose thinking is very much influenced by Jung: youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

I can usually deal with dry - the hardest part for me is getting started on a book. Appreciate the recommendations, and thanks for the nod to Joseph Campbell, I didn’t know him by name but I recognize some of the titles of his works.

No problem. Anytime I can’t help, give me a call.
PS: I’m enjoying the Peterson talk. (The pc storm made him famous :smiley: )