Baby Groot

Drive-in time starts Saturday night (No mosquitoes too)! Kettle corn and sodas galore! Double feature…Fantabulous!!! :smiley:

Guardian’s of the Galaxy 2 release Friday, May 5, 2017
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hB-kUZYWLU[/youtube]

Beauty and the Beast
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw[/youtube]

Never seen GOTG 1, but now I want to see both :slight_smile:

They could have chosen a more beautiful beauty to play beauty than Emma Watson, but otherwise looks good enough to watch :smiley:

Enjoy…

:techie-hourglass: The weather is perfect and its almost time for the shows! :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Did anybody catch the opening of GOTG2?

Indeed.

She’s the new feminist beauty standard, so what do you expect?.. if she keeps making those overly sexual photoshoots then it might be an end to her career when it’s comes to her female audience. Luckily, this movie came out just in time, it may just save her image…

foolish girl thinks she can be apart of those communities and still reveal her boobs in photoshoots…

her social strategy to gain women’s collective vote vs her individual sexual competitive need…which side within her will win?

10 quid she doesn’t make that slip up again :wink:

drivein2.jpg

As you can see, we had a great parking spot. Packed house. Of course, we brought in our own snacks, breaking the house rules. Joker and I, popcorn smugglers! :laughing:

GOTG 2 was a bit overly done comedy-wise in the beginning, but I really enjoyed it overall. There are a couple of unexpected roles (Rambo :-$ )that may turn heads.

Now…
Beauty and the Beast came as a shock for I really hadn’t thought that it was going to be a musical remake of the Disney cartoon. #-o I’m very particular about my musicals and I was initially stretched thin sitting through back-to-back songs, but it grew on me and also had some unrecognizable, familiar faces.

We had a great time, worth every penny. I highly recommend the experience. :smiley:

Going to see this tomorrow night with my co-workers. It should be fun. I just saw GOTG1 last weekend - was okay. I think the soundtrack was my favorite part.

I’d actually be more interested in seeing Beauty and the Beast since that was one of my favorite Disney movies when I was a kid.

I will hopefully be seeing it on the weekend… energy permitting :slight_smile:

Will try and catch GOTG 1 before then…

I’m a sucker for a great score too Fuse… I think it makes or breaks a film/production…

Saw GOTG2 last night. I would say it was on par with the first one. It was fun, I guess.

Men seem to fancy the musical, Beauty and the Beast, which I find somewhat surprising.

Fuse, why?

Do men fancy the new movie? Where did you get that from? I’m not sure I would like the new version, but the animated movie was one of the first Disney movies I ever saw. I liked the music, I liked that Belle was kind of nerdy, and I liked the whole dark/spooky castle thing. Also liked the fact that Gaston wasn’t rewarded for being huge douche. Probably anyone who liked it growing up would be a little bit curious about the remake.

Men fancy the musical cartoon which I got from you and another. I am glad to be surprised but I wasn’t sure what the lore was other than familiarity.

Do any men favor The Little Mermaid musical cartoon?

This unexpected (to me) contrast of male-female likes and dislikes is interesting.

My sister and her best girlfriend were not happy with my new movie selection of “The Expendables” when it first came out on DVD. At that time, her male roommate was amazed that the three of us girls were watching that film on our own accord. I enjoyed it, the other two ladies bitched throughout.

Though its hard to make a classic but version 2 of, don’t you think?

And the world seems to be getting to the point where there are lots of number 2’s, and not so many classics.

‘Sword in the stone’ for me, or bednobs and broomsticks. I kind of miss watching disney films with the kids now they all gone and grown up. Got no excuses now lol

The Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and…

I dunno, it all depends on what you’re comparing. GOTG is basically a lot of fluff, dumb jokes, and 80s music. It is totally of the moment. I would not normally watch a movie like that unless it was some kind of social thing - which it was. Beauty and the Beast, on the other hand, has a very good story that will still be relevant long after any film production, and also the Disney score/songs were quite good imo (they definitely ripped off Camille Saint-Saëns’s Aquarium - though it was tastefully done).

I also have a different taste than your avg. guy when it comes to movies.