Who is your favorite classical composer?

Just curious which composers people around here like. : )

Shostakovich & Tchaikovsky.

Stalin on the Kazoo is a very rare but much esteemed record too, recommend it. Not found on YouTube.

Debussy La Mer
Rachmaninoff piano concerto #5

Tchaikovsky

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5poSw7tFLB4

Shostakovich

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAL50lkWI8g

Wagner Die Fligende Hollander

For me the most perfect song in the universe is
Pachelbel Canon… You can do anything with this song…
from slow piano to full on rock music and it still sounds good.
I have a dozens of different variations of this song and all of them
are good.

Kropotkin

Oh, you all make this so easy …

Take Liszt transcribing Beethoven’s funeral march, and you have arguably the most amazing piano composition ever…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnS1i9bVGHU

Beethoven is a man who’s known death, heartache, poverty and misery…

He spent the last years of his life wanting to commit suicide because lead poisoning made him deaf and vomit blood every day…

He stated in his diaries, that even though he didn’t want to live anymore, he decided to live to keep giving people music…

His funeral march is one of the most beautiful songs of all time…

I’ve said this elsewhere on the boards…

Liszt was obsessed with bringing symphonies into the home… So he transcribed symphony after symphony for solo piano…

The tragedy…

Ten years after Liszt died, recorded sound was invented!! His work was for nothing!!

His wife kept nagging him to write more of his own music… But liszt refused…

The song above is the culmination of our best composer in history and the best transcriber in history…

A patron of Beethoven who was a prince, asked beethoven while he was still alive, to transcribe the 7th symphony for piano, but beethoven either couldn’t figure it out, or was too sick…

The notes beethoven wrote still exist…

But liszt, the best transcriber in history, did all 9 beethoven symphonies for piano

I just want to say additionally, you need to know the people, not just the songs …

The Catholic Church RULED music…

Before beethoven, you couldn’t hit certain notes together…

And beethoven was like “fuck that shit!”

And his music was so fucking amazing, that the entire world decided not to be superstitious about notes anymore…

All of our music, we all owe to beethoven!!

Did you know that the guy who actually invented the 12th note on the scale, was murdered for it???

Beethoven changed everything!!

What’s sad is the illiteracy of music history…

Anyone who doesn’t say beethoven is their favorite composer, doesn’t understand shit about music!

The guy singlehandedly changed the entire world of music… And he did it while vomiting fucking blood every day… And feeling like super-shit… And he was fucking deaf!!

When the Beatles sing roll over beethoven, what douchbags!!

They would be nothing without beethoven!

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAF?

IF NOT, I’LL STOP USING UPPERCASE?

PS: I’m with Ecci.

I’m going to jam my 5 posts into 1 post, so people don’t miss why chakra chose beethoven, like me…

Oh, you all make this so easy …

Take Liszt transcribing Beethoven’s funeral march, and you have arguably the most amazing piano composition ever…

Beethoven is a man who’s known death, heartache, poverty and misery…

He spent the last years of his life wanting to commit suicide because lead poisoning made him deaf and vomit blood every day…

He stated in his diaries, that even though he didn’t want to live anymore, he decided to live to keep giving people music…

His funeral march is one of the most beautiful songs of all time…

I’ve said this elsewhere on the boards…

Liszt was obsessed with bringing symphonies into the home… So he transcribed symphony after symphony for solo piano…

The tragedy…

Ten years after Liszt died, recorded sound was invented!! His work was for nothing!!

His wife kept nagging him to write more of his own music… But liszt refused…

The song above is the culmination of our best composer in history and the best transcriber in history…

A patron of Beethoven who was a prince, asked beethoven while he was still alive, to transcribe the 7th symphony for piano, but beethoven either couldn’t figure it out, or was too sick…

The notes beethoven wrote still exist…

But liszt, the best transcriber in history, did all 9 beethoven symphonies for piano

I just want to say additionally, you need to know the people, not just the songs …

The Catholic Church RULED music…

Before beethoven, you couldn’t hit certain notes together…

And beethoven was like “fuck that shit!”

And his music was so fucking amazing, that the entire world decided not to be superstitious about notes anymore…

All of our music, we all owe to beethoven!!

Did you know that the guy who actually invented the 12th note on the scale, was murdered for it???

Beethoven changed everything!!

What’s sad is the illiteracy of music history…

Anyone who doesn’t say beethoven is their favorite composer, doesn’t understand shit about music!

The guy singlehandedly changed the entire world of music… And he did it while vomiting fucking blood every day… And feeling like super-shit… And he was fucking deaf!!

When the Beatles sing roll over beethoven, what douchbags!!

They would be nothing without beethoven!

Beethoven is kind of a contradiction…

He was so beloved that 50 fucking thousand people attended is funeral…

Yet, he died penniless and most his songs weren’t played until 50 years after his death…

So… You can shove all your other composers up your ass… Because beethoven wins…

You know what’s strange about beethoven, he specifically wrote in his journal that people wouldn’t understand his music for another 300 years…

What did he know that we don’t ??

Was beethoven smarter than Einstein ??

Maybe!!

And if you have any doubt how great the body of work beethoven produced…

Here’s his very first sonata!!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKMyjIewR0

You really have to understand…

Beethoven was just a kid when he wrote this!!

Everyone hears the name beethoven…

But they don’t understand why…

Understand why!!

This guy was the biggest badass composer in history…

People got killed for doing what beethoven did!!!

The guy woke up every morning, vomiting blood, feeling like shit, poor as fuck, deaf, just to give you a music revolution!!

Man o man, it makes me sick. People can’t appreciate a real genius until their dead. They live a life of loneliness and poverty, Meanwhile, everyone just acts like a bunch of stupid ghetto hoodlums, with no brains, like mindless animals, it so sad man.

We almost escaped this stupid fucking cycle until modernity, and ghettoism, started infecting us…

Well Ec, you got a 250 IQ, what was the secret meaning behind Beethoven’s songs he said we would find out 300 years later?

I got depression, I’m in no condition to solve this conundrum.