What's a movie that helps you deal with depression?

Share and discuss.

Re: What's a movie that helps you deal with depression?

Postby Blurry » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:02 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Seen stranger than fiction.

What did you think?
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

Not bad.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Blurry » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Not bad.

I find it to be altogether charming and quite emotional. "Charming" is a very apt description of Will Ferrell all around, he's delightful.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:48 am

Real Genius, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Jakob » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 pm

No movie is strong enough for that but series are getting there.
Primarily: The Shield

After you watch all 7 seasons I can't imagine you'll even remember your own depression.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment