New Movies

Did anything good come out in 2015/16?
I have time to kill.

Hail Caesar was good.

The Submarine scene was excellent.

Star Wars was good too. Better, even. As good as the first three.

I liked the Revenant as well. I met a woman here that supervised one of the special effects teams. She had cool stories about gore the programmers had to create and them passing out over it.

Deathpool was okay.
So was that Christmas film with the stoner guy, Seth Rogen. It was, at least, not quite as bad as his last attempt.

Hateful 8 was great. It was like a remake of Reservoir Dogs, almost to the letter.

Im looking forward to Independence Day. The trailer looks great.

youtube.com/watch?v=dX4uL_0SQd8

I like Jeff Goldblums ‘um, yeah’. That sort of thing is what action movies are about really. Having the whole world explode and in the middle of it saying something profoundly stupid.

Star Wars was nothing short of majestic. All the physics were right. They physically built this droid for it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=org61dBaVUU[/youtube]

They went back to physically building all the models. It was beautiful. JJ Abrams had my curiosity, now he has my attention.
And how awesome that the latest leaf in the Darth tree is played by the ridiculous male lead in Girls. That’s true casting.
I saw it in 3D Imax, which normally I dont give a shit about but in this case was like reading a sacred text from the original skin.

Another thing I love is how Shane from the Shield is now in everything.

You know when as a kid you step out of a superhero movie and you test yourself for the superpowers? I used to always come out a little disappointed, as hard as I had trained and meditated I still had none of the superheroes edge. But this time, walking out of Star Wars after seeing the aging Luke Skywalker on a mountaintop, I descended the stairs of Scotia Bank and walked down st Catherine to a secluded place and unleashed a certain rune on a certain kung fo form – now this sotry is going nowhere. I would not be able to convey. No standard to relate to. It just means I finally felt I had acquired a real magical power.

Yeah Im pushing 40. So what? Bruce Lee was dead at my age.

If I am perfectly honest, the basic groundbreaking point to VO for me was that it allows to understand why ‘magic’ exist. That is because all matter is the end product of valuing, and magic is a valuing that touches and probes underneath that layer, underneath the per-fection that is matter, into the raw cosmos of thrust and dissolution, where details are gathered that guide the final form into being under ones watchful will.

We shape matter out of no-thingness constantly, we call this breathing.

Magic is just deeper breathing. So deep as for it to become an integral part of the idea-forming mind.
This creeps under the surface of life into the future and awaits there.

I have a movie idea for you, Star Lord. PM if interested.

Oculus is great horror. And even Dracula Untold is much better than generally perceived (I hope it’s part of the Universal Monsters universe, especially as a way to contrast with the upcoming Tom Cruise Mummy).

The new Shane Black movie, Nice Guys is a more than passable watch.

Shane Black is the inventor of the buddy-cop narrative, screenwriter of such movies as Lethal Weapon, made his directing debut with 2007’s Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which revived Robert Downey jrs career and set him up to be cast as Tony Stark.

Nice Guys stars Russell Crowe alongside Ryan Gosling. Hard to go wrong. By no means a classic movie, even despite the sharp freak killing scene halfway, but not half bad.

Anchorman 2

One of the more forgettable movies I have seen - I watched it again some days ago and didnt remember a single scene until it appeared again. Apparently there is not a lot of inherent logic to the story.

However, it works. It packs fun, as they used to say when my grandfather was an astronaut.

Is it identical to a planet?