Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves etc...

Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves etc…

I know it doesn’t make sense to debate these nonsensical things, but for the purposes of fiction, there needs to be reason where fantasy merges with reality in the stories.

zombie movies annoy me somewhat, diseased [or otherwise zombified] humans would be disabled and not much of a threat. If the brain were reduced it too would either be disabled or animal like. I can’t see how one can arrive at zombies? You get disabled and animal like or intelligent but disabled humans.

Would dramatic quick transformations make someone ill and then die? Dying usually occurs when too much is changed in too short of a succession.

Vampires wouldn’t be sexy in the normal sense [e.g. necrophilia aside], they would be animated dead people.

Werewolves ~ if the transformation occurs more gradually than depicted, would be either; animals with human brains, so not much reason to think of them as anything different to humans with animal bodies. Or/ animals with smaller brains, so animals then. Or/ animal bodies with larger brains than humans, would be cumbersome after a point [too large of a brain], or otherwise would be more intelligent.

I could see a potential for stories based on more or equally intelligent [as humans] creatures, but with predatory nature/culture e.g. in Alien the film. There are predators on earth which hunt in the trees, so could potentially had developed relative to apes [if say they existed in the same region], so on some alien planet somewhere there could be highly intelligent predators. However, we humans have been predators too, although we did come from herbivores, so the question arises; does intelligence manifest civilisation, which is the nemesis of predation? I know the basis of Alien the film, is that the aliens are genetically made, then later on that we were also [Prometheus], but the only way it works is in that the aliens opposition are not very well prepared, and the future tech is out of date now, let alone what will be possible long before we attain interstellar travel!

Weapons we already have would rip those things apart, now add an exoskeleton made of diamond, with pneumatic power limbs 20 times more powerful than the aliens [or robots made the same], and the aliens who made us would have a proper challenge. With ‘Aliens’ and ‘predators’ I don’t think they do. The only advantage is ignorance, when you pit them against e.g. humans who don’t know about them, and have out of date weaponry.

oh and while I am at it, creatures with huge claws etc, cannot make, maintain nor navigate spaceships [star trek and what have you].

the cheeper they are, the better they are

yea that. …though I find music that’s all over the place quite distracting.

It’s called multitasking, morph.

I wondered abut this for my DnA machine, but it seems to work in anime and movies.

Vampires are not undead, they are unfit mutations with delicate but rapidly healing flesh.

The shows they make today are complete crap. Nothing better to watch than a good horror movie, but the horror flicks they make now are not even scary, and really quite lame.

Zombie movies now are the lamest of them all. Besides being way too melodramatic, the zombie movie somehow got transformed into martial arts movies. Zombies, who originally were supposed to be kind of slow and dim witted are now rather clever and making moves that a cat could hardly manage. For me, the classic zombie is Michael Myers in the early Halloween movies. It was that blank, white, expressionless face with the black eyes that made this a monster to remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=EXtodpJoReo

Yes, vampires are sexy, and this has always been part of the appeal of vampires. It’s something you know is dangerous, perhaps even deadly, but you are irresistibly drawn to the vampire just the same. Part of the old vampire lore is that a vampire can only come to those who invite the vampire in.

youtube.com/watch?v=A4CPMdmuOq0

I don’t claim to understand the appeal of werewolf movies; I think it’s more of a thing for teenagers. I mean when your body is undergoing a radical transformation and you are a little frightened by the process, maybe werewolf legends offer a strange kind of solace. But as far as horror goes, I’d much rather see just a plain, scary creature of some kind, and I associate changing forms more with comedy than with horror. The best horror movies are the ones where you never actually get a good look at the monsters. It’s the atmosphere that makes a good horror movie, and the best atmosphere is one in which it is too dark to see what you are running from.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pp806yFMDME