Silent Hill

I just got my Amazon Prime running again… few weeks without.

I noticed there was another film about West Virginia on Amazon, called Silent Hill: Revelation.

Has anyone seen it?

I liked the first silent hill movie, really got our culture down, in my opinion.

Super 8 was filmed here in my town… they had the military evacuate my block, and it invaded my elementary school, sent tanks through my playground, etc. Was very impolite…

We don’t get nearly enough recognition in movies. Robert De Niro made a movie called “The Deer Hunter” here years back I never watched, takes place in my town.

The Rocket Boys… somewhere in the middle… nobody knows where anything is in the middle, it’s all middleish, with trees.

Steel Industry Struggles from NewsHour

TV show “Detenators”, season 1, episode 8 blows up half my town…

Out of the Furnace

I can’t find much. Everything is from the other side of the mountains, more Virginia and Kentucky…

We are deeply neglected in representation, all people want to do is come here and film everything blowing up, or make us fight one another to the death, or both at the same time.

Dude I was driving once in the middle of nowhere and saw a sign that said, “home of the rocket boys”, and the place was so desolate and remote that for whatever reason we all were just excited to see something as simple as a sign indicating the possibility of some local attraction being nearby. I didn’t think anyone else knew about the rocket boys. I went into a little restaurant and asked the employees, “how do I get to an interstate?” and they all just laughed. It took forever to get to the interstate.

Don’t drive off the interstate.

People think there is something there, but there isn’t. Roads just get narrow till they turn to gravel, and then sometimes even turn into a creek. Those people, they always have, and always will be there. No one knows how they make a living, how the economy functions… they think they won the Whisky Rebellion.

Just stay away from them. Its not too different from the more rural areas of Alabama… even found guys on Oahu like that, and it’s a little island with 900,000 people… if it gets inaccessible enough, some backwards shit will take root. This applies around the planet… I honestly don’t know what occurs in the center of this state, I stuck to the main roads. The stories I hear, make it less interesting. Bunch of hippy communes, and pot smoker communities eating organic. Fucking sickos.

Nah man it wasn’t any hippie stuff that I saw. I mean like I went into this gas station and everyone there looked like they’d been trying to get coal out of an old mine that went dry ages ago. Just really dirty with soot on everyone’s faces. There was a lady just banging a tin can on the counter like she couldn’t get the can opener to work and so she was just banging that shit. I thought to myself, “Steven King isn’t creative at all, he’s just been to this place and it’s scary as fuck so he writes about it”. I felt like when we rolled into town that the 20 or 30 residents of the place had seen us coming from a mile away. I went into this little diner to have some lunch and it was completely dead, and my girlfriend and I sat in the far corner, far away from where the employees were standing. I said under my breath to her, “what the hell kind of music are they playing?” and instantly it changed. Everyone was watching us man, and I didn’t just think that because I was high. I hadn’t had any gps or cell reception for hours. The girl I was dating at the time, looked at me with this crazy look on her face, and she said, “Does the president know about stuff like this?”. She almost cried when I told her that no, he does not.

Also, I’ve never really been to the most rural parts of Alabama. I did drive like 80 miles once to this place, crawl under a barbed wire fence, trek across a field in the dark to get to this barn where they’d built a cage, set up a hot dog and beer stand, put out 100 or so folding chairs and allowed the locals to beat the shit out of each other in the cages. This was around 1999-2000 or so. I mean man everyone one of those fights was increasingly brutal, and it seemed that the only way to stop the fight was to win it or something. It was some of the most fucked up backwoods shit I’d ever seen. I had a hot dog though and it wasn’t that bad.

Thats the plot for “Out if the Furnance”, is was produced or directed by that guy sucking someone’s Dick in movies… umm, oh yeah, Leonardo Di Caprio.

We very rarely have fight to the death tournaments here in real life, and notice even in that movie, we had to go to even more backwards states like New Jersey to do it.

You by the way hit a coal town, that’s not as bad as it gets, it gets much worst a further 40-50 miles down the side roads. Some counties don’t even have electric traffic lights in the middle. People enter, but they don’t return.

I went through a place called, “Grundy” and then from there drove across WV to PA along a 2 lane highway that seemed to go on for fucking ever. Curving through all those mountains and shit.

Grundy is in Virginia, not West Virginia.

Its 5 hours from where I live toto get to the geographical center of the state. Yes, mountains… we are doing our best to remove them though, just give us time.

I know more about the far edges of the state than the center, it’s odd, no other state does this, save maybe Alaska. People from the middle come up to where I live asking why we stick to the river valley and not spread out… it’s because it gets very Hill Billy in western Pa, and want nothing to do with it. We have a river and multiple major highways to big cities, why leave?

Is it interstate 78 that runs from WV into western PA? Grundy is technically in Virginia, but it’s really close to WV.

Ummmm shit, Ill find out for you, kinda just woke up on the other side of the state. I was asked by a friend to ride with her, because she was driving down to Clarksburg, WV alone. I was already up over 24 hours, said fine, but I was going to sleep the whole way.

And I did. Every time I have opening my eyes, it was a new MsDonalds, increasingly odd looking. Then, I was in some rotten architecture that could only be Clarksburg. Its a irregular web of one way, multi-boulevard streets where a simple two lane bi directional would do, and she got lost… and drove into a car lot… and the car lot… turned into a overpass on it’s back wall, looping itself around in a massive U Turn back to the base of the building, just lower… it’s the mist bizarre and pointless overpass I’ve ever been on, have never seen something quite like it before.

Then she was in a alley by a creek, something scrapping under her new Honda… I asked her where she was going, and she said to the top of the hill behind us as we kept going lower into nomansland.

I’ve never been able to figure out why this fucking city exists. Its just bizarre. Makes absolutely no sense… it’s like the city was designed by a bunch of drunken fools. Its no less hilly than where I live, but nobody has figured out how to flatten earth flat, so everything is at a bizarre tilt. Even when the roads attempt to form a grid, the buildings on the property do not want to conform, at all. I suspect they added the city grid in these spots “after the fact”.

This place is just bizarre. I hate going to the middle of the state.

I-79