"From Jack to Jo." Michaels's Transition from Black to White

A Heartwarming film about independence, coming to a Black Theatre near you.

it is 1820’s Southern America, Jim Crow laws are still in effect. Blacks are still subjugated by their White masters.
One day a mixed slave and a black slave have a baby. Their babies name is Jack Michaelson.
Jack is not like the other boys. Jack is bored with tilling the fields. He wants something more to his life. He wants to read.
One of his master’s sons takes a liking to him. Secretly during the night, he and the boy talk about books, science, and intellectual things.
One day, he is caught. The master’s wife is furious. She demands that Jack’s fingers be cut off.
His master, being a reasonable man, does not want to do it. But he has no choice but to obey his psychotic wife. He says “sorry, I dont want to have to do this…but my wife…im sorry jack…”
As he is holding the ax, with Jacks hand on the stump. Jack starts crying. “Please…Im not like the other blacks…Im not like them…i want to read, and do science…im not like the other slaves…I was born in the wrong body…ever since I was little i wished I was white!”
The master, overcome with sick feelings, puts the ax down…Then his wife comes out.
‘you ungrateful little git! Where’s the man of the house!!! Why’d I marry a man with no balls, who isn’t even man enough to chop off a little boy’s finger??? Whats wrong with you!!! And whats up with you, you ungrateful slave!!! I give you Aunt Jemima pancakes every morning, cornbread and KFC at night!!! And this is the thanks you repay me??? By learnin how to read??? God only knows what you and my boy do every night, methinks its somethin fierce, somethin awful, one of those unholy things the bible warns us about…god it makes me depraved just thinkin about it…My boy’s…my boy’s a homosexual!!!“starts sobbing
The master comforts her and holds her in his arms. “Go back to the fields, boy, we’ll figure out what to do with ya.” “Yesuh” Jack replied as he sheepishly walked into the void.
After many weeks Jack grew scared and lonely. Was he still going to get punished and lose his finger for what he did? Would he ever see his friend and read books again? Jack’s mind was racing. When he finally thought he couldn’t take it anymore, fate smiled at him. The master walked up.
'Been, thinking about your proposal.” “Really, you have, masstuh?” “Eeyup, I sure have.”
“Masstuhh…I’ve got something to tell you, somethin I’ve been hide for a’while…”
“Yeah, what’s that, boy?”
“Masstuh…I’m transracial. I believe I am a white man in a black boy’s body.”
“Uh…is that so?”
"Yes it is, suh. It’s really true. I always wanted to be a white man. I wanted to try on those fancy grey wigs, those white stockings they have, those fancy clothes, even the makeup the generals wear. Blacks, they don’t have no fancy clothes. They just drab.’
“Really now…”
“Yeasuh. I want to be civilized, polite and courteous like the white man. Black men are so rude, like animals. I dont want to be like dem. Im not an animal. I was born in duh wrong body. I want to have fancy clothes and fancy grammar like duh white man. I even want to have penis surgery, so I ca beecum circus-sized, like duh white man.”

And so, Jack’s journey began.
But Jack, came upon a crossroads. His transition, was met with social injustice. He had no safespace, no where to turn. He powdered his face daily, so he could look more white, but he could never pass as a white. He was hated and oppressed by both blacks and whites. There was much turmoil, and he hated dealing with transphobes. Jack just wanted to be his natural white self. So Jack made arrangements to live with his Master, who would protect him from all the transphobes who discriminated against transracial people. Jack never got to fulfill is dream of ever becoming a socially accepted white man, or getting white male privilege. But he did fulfill his other dream. He was the first scientist to ever have come from Africa. He invented over 300 inventions, peanut butter, peanut butter mills, peanut washers, peanut donuts, peanut faucet handles, peanut blenders, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and not the least of which, peanut butter crackers. For his scientific achievements, he was awarded the Peanut Butter Prize. And one day, he finally did get even with that old hag who tried to have his finger cut off. She was diagnosed with cancer, and her raped her one night. Right before she died, she had his child, who started a legacy. I am Trixie, a descendant, born out of that long line of legacy. Long live Peanut Butter. Long live Jack Michaelson. May we put an end to transracialphobia. Social justice, unite.

he didn’t want to be white, he wanted to be Peter Pan, who was white.