Lucy, the movie

I think that everyone should see this movie, especially the last half hour.

google.co.in/url?sa=t&sourc … hwXtjFYhdQ

With love,
Sanjay

Lucy’s my girl, Sanjay. Fun fact: on Alanis Morissette’s first album, that song where she’s all angry and sounds like a raving lunatic and says ‘would she go down on you in-na thea…ter’ and ‘cause the love that we made on the bed that we gave something something’, was a revenge song aimed at Scarlett Johansson for stealing her boyfriend.

What the hell is the name of that song, anyway? You know the one: ‘and I’m here… to remind you… of the messss you left when you wenna way…etc.’

Here it is. That’s Flea from the Chilli Peppers on bass, btw. This song was the official 90’s anthem of every angry teenage girl in the world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzCwXB4AJQ[/youtube]

It was an alright movie considering that Scarlett Johansson was never naked or anything in it.

Not even a single exposed breast or buttock.

sighs

Man I haven’t listened to this song in years. I forgot how badass it was. Alanis is beast, ya’ll. See, Canada does have its qualities.

You-EW! You-EW! You-EW! …oughta know-UH!

Isn’t she a lesbian?

I dunno, but I’m a lesbian, that’s for sure. I know she went to India and became all spiritual though.

I went to an alanis morrisette show once with 3 girls. It was weird. The crowd remained seated during each song, and stood up to applaud at the end of each one, then sat back down. It was just weird man. Good show though. Also, she was on that show, "you cant do that on television¨.

I think sitcoms don’t work well as movies.
It’s also quite some time ago when it was on TV.

Many said the movie wasn’t great, but I will watch it when it’s out on cable (which is probably now) and see for myself.

Btw, didn’t Scarlet leave her husband for another man (and subsequently men) then have a mysterious man’s baby? so he left Alanis, then Scarlet left him. Oh dear.

This movie is a feminists wet dream…an all powerful woman who attacks the patriarchy using the magical powers of her mind…

You have to watch the movie again. The same is true in the case of other posters. It has nothing to do with any gender. Why you people want to see each and every thing from the prism of sex or gender? Why modern young males are so much obsessed with sex? If you replace Scarlet with Keanu Reaves, the core concept of the movie would not change at all.

It is about the power of human mind, enlightenment and integration of humans with machines. The film tries to deal (rightly or wrongly) with the issue that what is the purpose of human life, how far human mind can go to accomplish that, and whst will we have as a final product/outcome.

That is precisely why I mentioned last half an hour particularly.

But, some people (not only you) are so much obsessed with the sex, that they could not see anything in that movie except the figure of Scarlet.

With love,
Sanjay

Don’t care about her figure, I’m not a feminazi dyke…

It is a movie advertising female-empowerment…

Specifically, it is a movie about Satan, Lucifer, using mental powers to be better than men…

Trixie, you’re doing it again.

Why?
It’s pure fantasy. Nothing of the kind could ever happen.

I did not say that it is a truth either. Having said that, mankind has not reached at such stage so it can say with absolutely certainty what could happen and what not.

With love
Sanjay

When I saw the film with a friend, he couldn’t get past the idea that it used the schtick about “we only use ten percent of our brains” to justify the protagonist’s development of psychic powers.

I just considered this par for the course for fantasy-films generally. Did the schtick bother anyone here?

^^
Consciousness only uses around 10% at any one time, but the whole brain is used. Nature/evolution doesn’t add stuff it doesn’t use.