Philosophy Talks

In the first episode we discuss value ontology.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_wLm-m91c[/youtube]

I watched about half of the video, and, from what I heard, my suggestion would be to explain the concepts in a way that gives a sense of urgency about your philosophy. It sounds plausible and potentially useful, and I’m inclined to check it out further, but I’m not yet sure how fruitful a philosophy it is. There’s my initial impression. I like the discussion format, and I’ve always wanted to do some type of YouTube discussion/ video response series myself. It’s a good thing.

I’ll listen to this

Interesting remark, fuse. I think we will get to a more urgent mindset when we discuss more worldly applications. My intention is to seriously consider comments on the talks and include them or work off them in following talks. I am hoping for a discussion in the comment section on youtube directly, eventually, from which we can draw inspiration and direction. Not that this is lacking per se but the interactive element is something I will always be interested in as a forum thinker.

Here was a teaser then for those who read it – I’ll get into it at one point in the following talks. I’ve learned it’s not good to talk about what you’re going to talk about before you talk about it. Soon enough you feel you’ve already said it, but you’ve given an incomplete picture. Hence Dialogue is productive. I wonder to what number of participants you could extend online conversations like this before they cease to be productive.