Erik's Art

Here is my most recent portrait of my girlfriend. Obviously, it’s still in the process of being completed. But I’m content with how it’s turning out so far, considering that I’ve never had formal training in art. For this, I just used a normal pencil and paper.

I will upload the finished version when it is ready.

enriched with gold flavo silk tricomplex

Dolce and Gabbana :wink:

Wow, you beautiful people sure got a way with words. :wink:

They say that physical symmetry is an indication of superior mental acuteness, especially in males. An article that touches on the subject:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … ether.html

A thing of beauty:

God - I love women.

Knew she reminded me of somebody…
[tab][/tab]

From the movie Riddick. Coincidence, or?

A hell of a woman, no? I like the strong-willed ones; conquering them is so much more satisfying.

and battlestar galactica

She has too many sharp lines for my taste. I prefer cute girls with a gentle/baby-face look and a long, preferably blonde, hair. Bonus points if she’s borderline shy. Personally, I can’t stand loud girls.

And Mila is too skinny (skinny legs are kind of repulsive to me.)

Anyways, nice drawing.

I like women with the innocent look, too - mix that with a petite body and you got a recipe for feminine perfection.

Thanks for the compliment. It’s not a master-piece, of course - but it turned out well, considering I’m not a trained artist.

I’m working on another one right now.

Pagan virgin:

How dare they have brains and looks :angry-cussing:

Guess who:

In retrospect, my first sketch I uploaded on this thread, of Mila, is absolutely atrocious haha! Eyes are way too buggy; looks like a crack-addict. And not to mention the second sketch, of the virgin. The lips are too…Mr. Potato head-ish, but an otherwise decent sketch.
Perhaps, in time, I will look in retrospect on this most recent image and think the same, that it is poor quality? Hopefully so; the evolution to mastership.

You are very brave to put this stuff online. Why are you opening yourself up to ridicule?

Thank you

Why am I opening myself up to ridicule? Well, maybe it’s that I simply don’t give a damn…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnTWxpTQt4[/youtube]

I wonder if there might be a confusion of cause and effect. Consider that attractive children get more attention at school, and because people treat them well, have more confidence in life generally. Both of which can help in examinations and tests. I’d be very surprised if facial symmetry was directly linked to intelligence.
It’s pretty counter to most people’s experience anyway.
I wonder how many people they examined with specific physical disabilities, which often go with lower brain function. This would massively skew the data.

Some of the smartest people have not been attractive. Socrates, Hume, John Stewart Mill, Schopenhauer - would never win any beauty contests.

Surely not. I wondered if you were doing it to get some formative criticism? So you can improve?
I was not intended to take the piss, but the Forum tends not to be very kind.

like they say, ‘art for art’s sake’

art doesen’t have to mean anything anymore, nor look like anyone in particular, as a matter of the recent trends in art can be quite surprising.

i will list a few if i may

a kid was thought to have artistic talent. The prof invited the kid touse any medium or way of
expression. -The kid squirted out some paint of various colors and proceeded to bike over them then bike unto a flatly layed out canvas. Here he made circles, semicircles, and at the end braked to a thumping stop. The results were then exhibited in a gallery.

A woman’s pet dog, a chiachua painted by holding the paintbrush in it’s mouth. He was a sicko dog, and people marvelled at it’s works, grabbing them up feverishly. The averige work cost $200 and enough was raised to pay for it’s hospital bill

Dali painted with his mustache.

The german mex woman who got run over by a bus, i fogot her name, but know she was married to a famous Mexican cartographer, painted in the hospital bed from which she was never able to arise, painted by using mirrors of various kinds.

In a recent installation in Berlin, the artist took some aids infected blood and had it flow down in rivulets into a bizarre lookig toilet bowl.

again in Germany the installation was a freshly cut up schwein, with blood oozing out of it. At the end of the exhibition, the artist was approached by a potential buyer, who gave a large cash deposit for the work. All the pieces of carcass were then hastily carted off to his residence.

In Tokyo an artist set up an intriguing visage of an ant hill full of red ants. Needless to say, curiosity having been generated, as to the meaning of the work, something so easily deminstratable outside in a natural setting.