cult flicks, your favorites

Share and discuss.

Re: cult flicks, your favorites

Postby MagsJ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:31 am

nano-bug wrote:The Big Lebowski

I heard people get together for Lebowski parties, dress like their favorite characters. And a lot of people go as the Jesus pervert bowler.

Sounds fun, and way better than the shitty Eurovision Song Contest parties people throw here and all across Europe... I can thankfully say I've never been to one. Too cheesy for me..

I'm watching 22 Jump Street at the mo... not really cult, but really funny. I've been watching 'funny' today.. I think I need the reprieve :D
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby nano-bug » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 am

MagsJ wrote:
nano-bug wrote:The Big Lebowski

I heard people get together for Lebowski parties, dress like their favorite characters. And a lot of people go as the Jesus pervert bowler.

Sounds fun, and way better than the shitty Eurovision Song Contest parties people throw here and all across Europe... I can thankfully say I've never been to one. Too cheesy for me..

I'm watching 22 Jump Street at the mo... not really cult, but really funny. I've been watching 'funny' today.. I think I need the reprieve :D

Jonah Hill is awesome. "Mumford and sons"
Highly adaptable. Yes. Wait! What? Yes. He, herself, is a head fuck. Well, will you look at this little train of thought?
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby nano-bug » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:57 am

Lost Highway
Highly adaptable. Yes. Wait! What? Yes. He, herself, is a head fuck. Well, will you look at this little train of thought?
nano-bug
Philosopher

Postby anand_droog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:12 am

anand_droog

Postby anand_droog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:38 am

anand_droog

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 am

Trilogy of Terror (1975)
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 am

Lost Highway

I am still trying to figure it out!
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 am

That "Lost Highway" looks real interesting trailer-wise. It's on my must see list. Still haven't seen "Jules et Jim."
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 am

A Fish Called Wanda
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:51 am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 am

Sphinx (Frank Langella is intensely captivating as always. :romance-heartbeating: ) The trailer is horrible, the movie is great. *crossing heart* I promise. :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby anand_droog » Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 am

WendyDarling wrote:

Sphinx (Frank Langella is intensely captivating as always. :romance-heartbeating: ) The trailer is horrible, the movie is great. *crossing heart* I promise. :wink:

Wendy thanks, the Sphinx is a mystery close to my heart :)
If you are into mythology, there is a movie about the classic Sun vs. Black Sun cycle that has dominated all ages... "Bahubali 2"...
It is a blockbuster and not really a cult flick, it is very new, it is overly violent... but it does contain more than a few heavy clues , very helpful to independent investigators of film mythology such as myself.
anand_droog

Postby anand_droog » Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe you'll like this most profound short film about the sheer futility of "trying to defeat fate":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM&lis ... PvE2sM#t=1
anand_droog

Postby WendyDarling » Thu May 18, 2017 6:47 am

Turbo Kid (Someday it will be!)
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby anand_droog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Just starting to decipher this profound neo-mythology... tells more tales than entire expensive animated films!
anand_droog

Postby fuse » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:05 pm

All I know is that Turbo Kid has a great soundtrack by the electronic band Le Matos. One of my favorite electronic artists.

Their earlier album Join Us is mesmerizing from start to finish.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 am

Have you seen the movie yet?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby fuse » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 am

nah, just a fan of Le Matos. is it very good?
fuse
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 am

It's that funny kind of horrible with deadly bicycle chases...lolz. The cult of cult.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby fuse » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 am

I hadn't heard much about it, but apparently people liked it. I just checked and critics gave it an 89% on rotten tomatoes.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby anand_droog » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:19 am

haven't seen turbo kid, guess it is a fusion of below 2 concepts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9b ... sM&index=9

I.e., a possibly UK-centered, possibly LGBT power or hells' angels-like biker gangs-linked political power, surely linked to the "boss baby" or his bro kid... How accurate is that guess, i wonder??!
anand_droog

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:10 am

Outrageous Fortune
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:33 am

The Bad News Bears (1976)
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby anand_droog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:55 pm

anand_droog

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Grumpier Old Men
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment