A Painterly Druidess....

Hello everyone! My name is Guenn, I’m 86… an old Druidess and Painter.

[size=75]“A Solitary Druidess” Self Portrait Photograph by Guenn Eona Nimue 1979[/size]

What does being a druidess entail?

Hello Flannel Jesus, nice to meet you…

Flannel Jesus “What does being a druidess entail?”

Sometimes it seems the shortest questions require the longest answers. I would say that Druidism today encompasses a broad variety of belief systems. This being “The Art, Music, and Entertainment” section, I’m not sure it’s really the place to explore it in depth. I think John Michael Greer (Grand Arch Druid of the Ancient Order of Druids in America) summed it up nicely when he wrote…

“What does it mean to be a Druid today? Above all else, Druidry means following a spiritual path rooted in the green Earth. It means participating in a living Western spiritual tradition drawn from many sources, including surviving legacies from Celtic wisdom teachings, but embracing the contributions of many peoples and times. It means learning from archaic traditions, from three centuries of modern Druid scholarship, and from the always changing lessons of the living Earth itself. It means embracing an experiential approach to religious questions, one that abandons rigid belief systems in favour of inner development and individual contact with the realms of nature and spirit.”

And now… back to Art!

Here is the “Earth Mirror”, a magical hologram produced by the Little People when they designed King Arthur’s sword… Excalibur.

[size=85]“Earth Mirror” A Painting by Guenn Eona Nimue[/size]

“The Path”, a Painting with a story from way back in 1968…

[size=85]“The Path” A Painting by Guenn Eona Nimue[/size]

I like “The Path” a lot. Is the original an older work, or does it have that muted appearance because of the technique you used? I don’t know much about art, but I know I like this.

Thanks Uccisore, glad you like it… that’s the way the painting actually appears, soft and muted. The technique is called “encaustic”, very unpredictable.

Here is my “Pythagoras”…

[size=85]“Pythagoras” A Drawing by Guenn Eona Nimue[/size]

Here is “The Venetians”, from 1968…

[size=85]“The Venetians” A Painting by Guenn Eona Nimue[/size]

Nice work, Guenn.