Philosobot

I’m beginning a project to create a computer program that argues with people online, and “wins” arguments.

I want to program this “Philosobot” to log onto philosophy forums, and engage people in conversations, debates, and discussions.

The goal is to give other people online the complete impression that this Philosobot is human.

What do you think about this project?

I’m already that bot. Happy 420th post.

Good luck, I think that I would be a good person for your program to try fooling first. I rarely tell someone they’re being incoherent even when they clearly are.

Thank you Smears, but, you’re not a robot! You’re a human being, silly, who is fully autonomous and freely willed. You’re not a machine!!!

I appreciate this, Stuartp523. But, I probably won’t release results until long after I collect data. First I need to learn to program some scripts.

Machines can have free will.

Can they have machine rights?

They have to right to do whatever they can get away with just like everyone else. If they all get together and can decide how they want the world to be, and then overcome people who oppose them, then they can even take the rights away from the other people.