Had a Weird Idea:

A movie based on a poster on here suddenly deciding to write a screenplay based on interacting with other posters on here then going out to actually meet them.

The question is:

if this actually happened:

which actor would you want to play you,

and how would they do it?

For myself,

I tend to think in terms of Patrick Fugit on Almost Famous.

He has that same awkward look I had at that age.

He even seemed to have the same intellectual curiosity

(even if I didn’t have the same focus he did.

Lacan tells us that once we hit that mirror phase, all we can do is create fictions in order to maintain that illusion of a whole and unified self.

I want to know what those fictions are.

As well as the reality.

The idea is a series of cameos:

Much like Alice in Wonderland.

I’ve been told by more than one person that I look similar to Ben Affleck, but then by others that I look nothing like Ben Affleck.

I don’t think you look like ben affleck.

Okay, but saying it was played by Affleck: how do you see the role played out, even if it isn’t exactly like you?

Keep in mind here that if I were to do it, it would be purely a work of fiction. Poetic license seems almost mandatory in this situation.

The idea is that the board is a kind anthropology with real people behind it who naturally create fictions about themselves in order to maintain the illusional ego or whole.

Have you seen a picture of me? If so, I don’t recall.

Affleck is a calm and even-tempered guy, in my opinion, that deep down really doesn’t let anything bother him…but he’s willing to step up and do what is necessary to rectify a situation if he really has no other choice. Laughing, always smiling, charming and charismatic; I think all of those words describe me fairly accurately, except I may not be particularly charismatic.

I think he’s the type of guy that has a cool one-liner for virtually every situation. I never used to be that way, but over the last year (or so) I have kind of developed that as I have begun to take myself and certain aspects of life less seriously. I worry much less than I used to because things always seem to find a way of working themselves out, and those things that do not work themselves out are just not meant to be worked out.

Maybe everything I just said is an illusion, at worst, or at best, an exaggerated self-concept driven by my ego and a not-so-subtle desire to be well-liked by people. I wouldn’t really know as I am biased with respect to self-concept, so maybe I’ll ask some people in my RL and see what they think.

I am considered by others to be a little unconventional and even a little crazy. So I would say a younger Jack Nicholson, because he does mad well, as for when I was in my 20s perhaps Johny Depp just because he plays quirky well. Neither of these actors look remotely like me but they are good at certain styles of acting that resemble my personality. There is no actor I know that looks anything like me.

Thandie Newton, but with Rosario Dawson’s fun personality, as Thandie doesn’t seem to have one :neutral_face: Great thread btw…

ginger spice

:neutral_face:

No… who really? though I’m sure you’d suit a Union Jack minidress :slight_smile:

definitely ginger, she was the hottest then and the best now too

Katherine Hepburn or Rea Perlman

Christ! Magsj. Never realized how sexy you actually are.

Please go on.

Once again, consider Kathy Bates.

Rea Perlman can be brash. But so can Bates.

Fucking Aye, Pav! This I can definitely work with. Once again, this isn’t just about what we are; it’s about the conflicts between the fictions we have to create in order to think about ourselves as a unified being and what results.

Here’s the thing, kids:

Our culture has reached a point where we can no longer expect some individual to pass the next creative hymen by themselves. It must require, due to the heights already established, a collaborative effort. We can no longer look to the approach of an isolated Van Gogh or Neitzche, the romantic notion of the isolated artist kranking out what will change the world next.

Therefore if I am to create this, if I were to work up the courage and ambition for it, or anything else, it will happen on this board in front of all of us, with all of our input.

Otherwise, we just go back to the drive-by style of what we do on here.