So, what books are you reading right now?

Enactive Realism by Kyle Takaki, a comparison of varience and similarity between Karl Polanyi’s tacit knowledge and Merleau Ponty’s phenomenology, in order to get to the latter’s : ’ The Visible and the Invisible, an unfinished work.

A spring to summer self assignment, perhaps a bit too ambitious, but worth a try.

Winter of the World
Ken Follett

Winter of the World picks up right where the first book left off, as its five interrelated families—American, German, Russian, English, Welsh—enter a time of enormous social, political, and economic turmoil, beginning with the rise of the Third Reich, through the Spanish Civil War and the great dramas of World War II, up to the explosions of the American and Soviet atomic bombs.

goodreads.com/book/show/129 … -the-world

No time or capacity for books, as my mind is occupied with reading Party manifestos, daily briefings on Party policies, and a tonne of political Party literature.

I will be in need of a very good party or two to attend, after the Local Elections are over, as doing such things during campaign time does not look good. :confused:

A Gentleman in Moscow
by Amor Towles

goodreads.com/book/show/294 … -in-moscow

Read it already.

I actually came to enjoy this book so much though at first I was a little bit bored with it - too light, slow, no action lol

“By their very nature, human beings are so capricious, so complex, so delightfully contradictory, that they deserve not only our consideration, but our reconsideration—and our unwavering determination to withhold our opinion until we have engaged with them in every possible setting at every possible hour.”

“Dutifully, the Count put the spoon in his mouth. In an instant, there was the familiar sweetness of fresh honey—sunlit, golden, and gay. Given the time of year, the Count was expecting this first impression to be followed by a hint of lilacs from the Alexander Gardens or cherry blossoms from the Garden Ring. But as the elixir dissolved on his tongue, the Count became aware of something else entirely. Rather than the flowering trees of Central Moscow, the honey had a hint of a grassy riverbank…the trace of a summer breeze…a suggestion of a pergola…But most of all there was the unmistakable essence of a thousand apple trees in bloom.
“Nizhny Novgorod”, he said.
And it was.”

“Who would have imagined,” he said, “when you were sentenced to life in the Metropol all those years ago, that you had just become the luckiest man in all of Russia.”

That last quote is the true beauty and meaning and essence of the book. What a beautiful character he was.

The same with the book

Beneath a Scarlet Sky
by Mark Sullivan

marksullivanbooks.com/beneath-a-scarlet-sky/

It is amazing how truly heroic so many human beings can be ~ I mean real heroes.

The Great Transformation (The Beginning of our Religious Traditions), by Karen Armstrong.

Janus, Arthur Koestler

Rome and Jerusalem (the Clash of Ancient Civilizations), by Martin Goodman.

I was elected to lead, not to read…

Where do you get your input from, instead of from books?

streamable.com/fynr5

classics.mit.edu/Epicurus/menoec.html

goodreads.com/book/show/58372.Whatever

the untouched key by alice miller

envy and gratitude by melanie klein

Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Hyperspace, the Tao of Jeet Kune Do

streamable.com/g5h7c

Jodi Picoult

bookpage.com/reviews/17205-jodi … TCavfkwjIU

jodipicoult.com/the-storyteller.html

The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking

Pokemon Yellow strategy guide

Third Eye Awakening: Secrets of Third Eye Chakra Activation for Higher Consciousness, Spiritual Enlightenment, Clairvoyance, Astral Projection, Psychic Development, and Observing Auras and Chakras