Single Lines

What single lines (or maybe two lines) in songs do you think are pretty cool when taken separately? I have a few, but I’ll just start us off with one for now:

“I can’t complain, but sometimes I still do.” Joe Walsh- “Life’s Been Good.”

A couple of my favourite lines from songs:

“Living is easy with eyes closed” - The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

“We can be heroes, just for one day” - David Bowie - Heroes

“Let me forget about today until tomorrow” - Bob Dylan - Mr Tambourine Man

“coming in out of the rain - you hear the jazz pour down” - dire straits

-Imp

“I felt you electric light”. Bush, Machinehead.

“the more it stays the same, the less it changes” - david st. hubbins

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6DSR9tZ1hA[/youtube]

-Imp

“my baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I want to sink her with my pink torpedo” - david st. hubbins

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMG87axdarw[/youtube]

-Imp

The shit we have to climb through is the shit we choose to take - Big A Little A [Crass]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdcDL64KCE[/youtube]

“I need a girl that chews Copenhagen, when she opens up her mouth, all her teeth are falling out.” BuzzPoets-“Copenhagen Girl”

“I don’t know if the millions will survive, but I’ll believe in God when 1 and 1 are five.” Bad Religion-“Do What You Want”

“Sanity is a full-time job in a World that is always changing.” Bad Religion-“Sanity”

“I just quit my job makin’ toothpicks out of logs
you know it’s gettin thin when your friends turn you in” Montrose - “I Don’t Want It”

“I’m down on my knees but I don’t have a prayer for you” from a song I wrote a long time ago and have mostly forgotten.

Awesome line.

I don’t know where this one comes from - maybe from nowhere. “Green eyes, black dress, and I think you know the rest…”

I can’t find it anywhere, I can’t even find lyrics that exactly match: “Green eyes, black dress,” although, it works with the tune from Escape Club’s, “Wild Wild West,” but there was no lyric in that song even close to that.

Green eyes,
Black dress,
I think you know the rest

“Forty seven
Deadbeats
Livin’ on a back street” Escape Club-“Wild Wild West”

New Additions:

“We go undiscovered 'cause people are careless, but one way or another they’ll never forget us.” Duran Duran- “Playing With Uranium”

“'Cause eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time.” Bad Religion-“You”

QUESTION:

Do you guys think it appropriate to post entire refrains in this thread? I have some I’d like to post.

Such a pretty house, and such a pretty garden - Radiohead - No Surprises

“I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.” Bush-“Glycerine”

Too young to hold on, too old to just break free and run. - Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should’ve Come Over

Yeah, Pav. I seem to remember it as a line I was going to use as the first line in a song. Sort of a fast blues/boogie. But I probably just heard it somewhere.

Were you in a band?

Never a rock band.

“The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down, Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee. The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead When the skies of November turn gloomy.” -Gordon Lightfoot "Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald