Word Association III

Share and discuss.

Re: Word Association III

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Davies...
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Peripheral » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Stiletto
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:46 pm

mosaic
Last edited by Arcturus Descending on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Peripheral » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Bird of Prey
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Peripheral :P

O/K
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Primal Rage wrote:This thread needs to be deleted; it's a fucking waste of human time.

Seriously.

:lol:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby derleydoo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Twain

:lol:
derleydoo

Postby Peripheral » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Faulkner
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Mississippi

I once took a creative writing class and the English teacher told me that I write so much like Faulkner
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Peripheral » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Absalom
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:12 pm

murderer!
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby fuse » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:59 pm

judgement
fuse
Philosopher

Postby Peripheral » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:44 am

Prudence
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 pm

misunderstood

association - prudence being misunderstood
ergo, the word prude. :mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Peripheral » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Harridan
Peripheral

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Cougar
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Lev Muishkin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:35 pm

Virago..

Hag..

Jezebel.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Peripheral » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:10 am

Arctur...Sarah Palin
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 pm

incomprehensible.
:mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Unfathomable
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Lev Muishkin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15 pm

MagsJ wrote:Unfathomable

20,000 leagues

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Depth
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Lev Muishkin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Depth

Water

Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:34 pm

muse
:mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Erik_ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:22 pm

:evilfun: :lol:
Last edited by Erik_ on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik_
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment