Word Association III

Share and discuss.

Re: Word Association III

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm

abstinence ;)
"I'm just saying that if we want to have a fruitful discussion, we all need to know what the fuck we're talking about" - Carleas

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Mad Man P wrote:abstinence ;)

Where have you been, my love?

heartbroken
:(

Like a swallow come back to Capistrano
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Where have you been, my love?

I might have been away from ILP for a while, but we both know I never left your heart nor mind, dear Arc... you'd never let me... ;)

heartbroken

Reunion
"I'm just saying that if we want to have a fruitful discussion, we all need to know what the fuck we're talking about" - Carleas

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Mad Man P wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:Where have you been, my love?

I might have been away from ILP for a while, but we both know I never left your heart nor mind, dear Arc... you'd never let me... ;)

heartbroken

Reunion

Like a bat in my belfry you've been - flying around in there.
:mrgreen: I'll meet you halfway to somewhere.
But don't think that a reunion will heal my broken heart.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Like a bat in my belfry you've been - flying around in there.

Lovesick :wink:
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:Like a bat in my belfry you've been - flying around in there.

Lovesick :wink:

:lol: Yes, I'm so crazy in love with Mad Man P - always have been and always will be. Just the sheer thought of him takes my breath away, MagsJy. I just don't know how to get him out of my blood. When he whispers those sweet nothings in my ear and then begins to nibble at my iittle ear lobes I go all limp inside and I'm his for the taking.

What can I say - I'm just like a typical woman you see.

:evilfun:

PINING
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:33 am

Coniferous :lol:
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:49 pm

MagsJ wrote:Coniferous :lol:

Do you want to explain that association, MagsJy? :evilfun:

Weeping Willow
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

Pin(e)ing / con(e)iferous, Arc :lol:

Weeping Willow

The New Romantics
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Lev Muishkin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:The New Romantics

Ancient Stoics

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:29 am

Mystical charm
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:00 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:

Pin(e)ing / con(e)iferous, Arc :lol:

Weeping Willow

The New Romantics

#-o Ah gees, I can't believe I actually missed that! Very very good Ms. "M".

Mystical charm

a starry, starry night!
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote: #-o Ah gees, I can't believe I actually missed that! Very very good Ms. "M".

Mystical charm

a starry, starry night!

Why thank you Ms A :)

Meteor shower :shock:
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby thezeus18 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:59 am

astronomical sex hair
Oh quickly disappearing photograph
in my more slowly disappearing hand!
thezeus18
Philosopher

Postby derleydoo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 am

thezeus18 wrote:astronomical sex hair

January 7th
derleydoo

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Capricorn

Nonsense!
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:47 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:Capricorn

Curry goat :P
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 pm

The Caribbean
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:41 pm

warm balmy breezes.

Happy New Year, Ms. M
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:warm balmy breezes.

Happy New Year, Ms. M
Hurricane season :lol:

Happy new year Arc, and may 2016 be all at ILPs' year :)
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Shepherdess » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Aloha
"It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure."
Joseph Campbell

"In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel nothing can befall me in life, - no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair. Standing on the bare ground, - my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, - all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"No way of thinking or doing, however ancient, can be trusted without proof. What everybody echoes or in silence passes by as true today may turn out to be falsehood tomorrow, mere smoke of opinion, which some had trusted for a cloud that would sprinkle fertilizing rain on their fields."
Thoreau
Shepherdess

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 am

Waikiki
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Kon-Tiki
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:45 pm

Tikka masala
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby fuse » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:03 am

tiki dolls