[movie] Unleashed

is amazing. if you like action movies at all, or drama movies at all, or even if you don’t, watch it. and even if you’ve seen it watch it again. because it’s awesome.

I thought this film was a paltry little offering…I watched it mainly because it was filmed in my home town of Glasgow and pretty much recognised almost every buidling street and place, in particular Glasgow School of Art, where I used to go dancing about crazy in the head for many years.

The story hasi ts charm and some of the fighting scenes are pretty will constructed and played out. But I found the whole ‘piano taming’ theme over done, uber cheesy sentimental and simply totally unrealistic considering the fact that Mr Li is meant to be a rapid feral type pitbull, his character is fundamentally weak, suprious.

And the worst insult - there is not one Glaswegian character in the whole bloody thing!

Film best left unwatched.

i dunno… i like movies like this a lot, though i agree with you that this is not a jet li-style jet li movie

Usually like Jet Li - The One, Hero etc… But this one lacked his usual punch.

oh well. maybe i’m the only one that ever liked it. that happens sometimes.

I loved Unleased I thought it was a great movie.

I thought the movie was very good in that:

1. Its nice to see an action flick that has some sort orf social value
  2. The fight scenes kicked ass.

Enough said.

While I can’t say the movie is without flaw I though it was imaginative and entertaining. It maneges to be deeper than it needed to be and Jet Li brings a wonderful vunerability to the character of Danny in addition to kicking ass. Its the kind of good stuff I’d expect from a Luc Besson script.

Plus I’ll watch pretty much anything with Jet Li in it.

I think Jet Li brought a lot of warmth and humanity to the role. His poor command of English often works against him, but when playing a character for whom forcing out a single word seems like a supreme effort this liability is a strength. It seemed that playing Danny required a more nonverbal approach to acting, with body language and nuances of facial expression carrying the performance more than dialog. And I think he pulled if off very well.

I liked Unleashed quite a lot. Not a masterpeice, but very solid. Of course, I would watch Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman in almost anything, too.