Pictures Too

An import from Zeno’s Art Forum, and since Creative’s posted his, I may as well post mine.

[size=75]Pencil/paper - Booty-call/3 Women.[/size]

[size=75]Oil/board - Yellow Man.[/size]

[size=75]close up on face[/size]

[size=75]Oil/board - Naked bird with book.[/size]

All done about 10-12 years ago, I did some better ones, but I sold them… :confused:

Good job Tab!

You have an interesting brush technique. What were you doing there?

Ohh nice Tab! You’re quite talented!

i’m not so into the style so i can’t make a great analysis of how good they are comparitively, but they look pretty good.

sorry, it’s sort of a pointless compliment.

I like them. Who are you man? Ned Hopper?

The other thing I’ve noticed is that so far, except for LivingDeadGirl whose identity I know none, all the posters, including me, that has commented their liking on the paintings are all libras, as the painter himself. Could this be generised to that all libras must therefore under some celesteral influences, all like Nietzsche?

Hey psyque, do you like Nietzsche? Forget I ever asked if you never heard of the name.

i am a cancer, and i like it…and how do you know that they are libras?

yeah i’m a gemini

:astonished: OMG I LOVE GEMINIS!

i’m not a twin (everyone give thanks)

i was just born in june, that’s all

Adler, style on yellow man is “impasto” in fancy-schmancy talk, and “splodging a lot of paint on top of itself” in practicality, instead of mixing colour on the pallatte, you mash the raw colours into eachother at the divides to give graduations.

No compliment is ever pointless.

Thanks for the comments people… :wink:

'QuiteTalented’Tab.

Hssss!
Occult!

I think the pictures are great and would also find the kinds of brush strokes you used really interesting.
I am also born in June but am not a Gemini as I am not a dirty hippy! :smiley:
(By the way you should prabably have edited the first picture with paintbrush first as we now know part of your real name)

Thanks Mentat,

:laughing: Oh no, people know part of my real name - what are they going to do with it…? Magic…?

Anyway, I shall hide amongst the zillion other Jon’s knocking around the world, carefully watching for Ju-Ju.

RelativelyCleanHippyTab.

Very nice Tab, particularly the first two (pencil and yellow man). I LOVE!!! pencil and you have a very expressive line.

Arghhhhh… how I miss all those nude drawing classes… and why did I always get into trouble for suggesting we all strip off so we could better relate to our models?

Thanks Km, that actually means quite a lot to me, coming from you.

What have you been up to recently in the arty-farty department…? Any more stuff up and coming…?

PleasedaspunchTab

I’m doing an animation to music. It will take ages because I’m very fussy but I’ve got the lyrics, part of the music and story board down so far :smiley:

I can imagine your pencil women would make an excellent animation because when I first saw them, the nervous, shimmering lines jumped right out. Everything you need is there in the drawings. They are one step away from coming to life. :wink:

I’m very impressed Tab. One of these pictures looks like the Thing from the Fantastic Four, but not as childish…

Do you know still remember the last time when you proposed to me, like five month ago? Yeah, around that time there was a Xanderman thread called Hey Baby What’s Your Sign.