Brokeback mountain

My wife and I went to brokeback mountain today.
Several thoughts. First if this is the best movie of the year,
it has been one really shitty year. If you turn a gay character
into a woman and do the movie, it simply becomes a
soap opera chick flick. The only thing this film has
is man sex, and that was no big deal. Two characters whining
about missing each other. So the fuck what. For me, the film
had all the emotional impact of watching paint dry.
God, what a hideous film. My wife loved it which just means
it is a chick flick, with two guys. Two guys who can’t tell the
difference between love and lust. Skip it unless you like chick flicks

Kropotkin

:smiley: mmm…man sex…

Me: “Have you heard about that new film about gay cowboys?”
Friend: “Brokeback Mountain?”
Me: “Yeah thats the one… who the hell would wanna watch a film about a couple of gay cowboys, who likes gay cowboys?”
Friend: “Me…”

silence

This guy needs to cum out of the closet…

I’m looking forward to the new gay Indian movie. I think its called: A Boy Named Sioux.

i saw this movie today, and honestly, i thought that it was a very good movie.

thats the point! it is important for ignorant people who are against gay marriage to see that their relationship is just like that of a heterosexual couple, that their love is every bit emotional as it is sexual.

it was so sad, i cant get over it, i hope i do…

HAHAHAHAH!

:smiley: :laughing:

I don’t think that romaticised, drawn out cinematic depictions of homosexual relationships does anything to increase tolerance, but I’m not sure, so embracetrees may be correct…

go see the movie, SIDTA

You trying to make me into some sort of eastern prophet? Don’t make me resort back to my repertoire of ‘fat cheek’ jokes…

:confused: eastern prophet?

…and please go back to the jokes, but change them. i am as sick of that joke as i am of having you be nice and inferior to me all the time.

p.s. :evilfun:

Dude from Donnie Darko, how could you! :astonished: :smiley:

embracetrees wrote:

I havent seen it, but is Broke Back Mounting actually about gay marriage? I thought is was just a sweaty cowboy sex romp with catastrophy and mopey emotions thrown in to cover all chick flick bases.

i might go and see it…i hear it is a bit sentimental…showing ‘gays’ as ‘real men’…some such madness…

men are women too y’know…

What the hell are you on about now, Colin? Have you been at the anti-freeze again?

failed another attempt to provoke anger…what do i have to do around here?! then again…i was having enough fun with angstboy in ranthouse, but he gets boring after a while, same whole thing over and over you know…then i notice SIATD is perfectly content, and he is immobile!

cant wait for dr. s to come back, i havent been in bad relations with him in a while… :evilfun:

I think that a homosexual relationship could have the same ammount of love, compassion, and depth as any heterosexual relationship.

But I think its sad that Hollywood seems to be making movies these days with an agenda behind them, what ever happened to trying to make good movies.

Look outside of Hollywood.

The fall of the Hays Code (a result of The Paramount Case of 1948) marked the end of the Golden Era of Hollywood. Since then it has been dominated by Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola…

someoneisatthedoor:
The fall of the Hays Code (a result of The Paramount Case of 1948) marked the end of the Golden Era of Hollywood. Since then it has been dominated by Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola…"

K: I don’t know what hays code you have been reading but
the hays code was adopted in 1930, enforced in 1934 and ended
in 1967. I would have mentioned it earlier but I have been sick
as a dog for a week, just now getting healthy.

Kropotkin

P.K: Two guys who can’t tell the difference between love and lust.

Colin: Do you feel that homosexual men per se find it hard to tell the difference between love and lust, or just these two characters? I haven’t seen the film, but from what I heard, it had more to do with friendship than lust.

I just get a bit pevved when people spout the whole - Homosexuals or any other sexual form is purely concerned with ‘lust’.

That wasn’t the clearest message. The last comment that ‘men are women o y’know…’ was a poor joke…ironic…

No anti-freexe here, just good old fashioned fruit juice

:wink:

I meant that the fall of the Hays Code was rooted in Divorcement, the Paramount Case and all that, it took 20 years for it to be dropped completely…