Music videos are disgusting.

“What is really worse? Materialism and the objectification of women, or desensitizing children to war and draft scenarios (the kids going to war were like 17ish), as well as (in this scenario) the obvious political message pertaining to Iraq?”

I think that the massive unwanted pregancy and murder rates in black parts of town across North America and beyond will last way longer than the Iraq war.

Current trends in black culture will create misery that will last for at least several lifetimes.

Music videos aren’t “art”- they’re advertisements. Just commercials to sell CDs and concert tickets. There was a brief, naive moment right after their inception that the medium teetered on taking itself seriously as an art form in it’s own right. Then it woke up.

Yes, but they do set trends and sell more products than just music.

And ads don’t?

Good point Phaed

It’s like an Escher picture of a guy looking into a mirror while standing in front of a mirror.

I think it’s more like role-models selling attitude and goods that the common man can’t maintain.

What I mean is that the rap dudes claim they’re just a mirror held up to the times, while others claim they’re helping to create the mess then profit from it. Hence the Escher reference.

Yes, well I’ve heard the morally bankrupt excuse, “if I don doit den some udda mon gonna,” rationale many times. That’s another short-sighted blackism that I can stand. You do not have to perpetuate negativity just because it exists. Those guys are like a virus.

Ad, would you admit you are jaded because you work with the worst of the black culture on a daily basis?

I admit to being realistic.

I believe that black people are doomed.

To expand on that, black people will either melt into the population of white or slowly get killed, ironically by each other, or be sterilized by long prison sentences.

I think we are seeing evolution in action.

You could be right…

But that’s just the states. You… you know there is a world outside of the states right? :smiley:

Yeah, it’s called Africa!
It’s the home of butt fucking used to cure AIDS and non-stop murder, not to mention the home of religious mania that has lasted for centuries (but that’s the white people).

Do you want to know what the biggest anti-black movement is? It’s not being anti-black!

I predict extinction in a few thousand years, if that.

The rest of that ridiculousness aside, A FEW THOUSAND YEARS? we’ll all be pretty much the same looking by then.

I love it!

No people in the world are so clearly going down in flames. Black people haven’t been doing well in thousands of years, and yet it rarely gets addressed on any grand scale.

Amazing!

Hey, we live in a PC world.

And don’t take this the wrong way… but I’d say we did a hell of a lot better than the Natives.

Keep smiling!

Adler,

Have you ever read Nietzsche’s notion of the Last Man? What you are describing of US black culture would appear to echo it…

someoneisatthedoor,

I thought that I knew my Nietzsche pretty well, but I can’t place that idea. What is he talking about there?

…and then… add…1 cup…of…
…DAN!
[size=75]squeek squeek[/size]
J/K, the media is shit.