La Musica!

what genre of music do you prefer to the rest?

• indie/alt.
  • METAL
  • puNk r0ck
  • Blues/Jazz
  • hip-hop/rap
  • classical
  • pop
  • country
  • SaLsa!
  • classic ROCK
0 voters

[size=150]IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ONE[/size]

I am an indie alt fan. I have an XM Satellite Radio and they have a station called Ethel; it plays the best stuff.

Punk

[size=200]LOUD[/size]

-Imp

I used to listen to mostly classical, but lately I mostly play white supremacist rap.

Just kidding. :wink:

haha…obviously :wink:

What no techno???

I don’t have it but the cars at work do and I will get it someday. XM radio rocks!
:wink:

EZ$

No Trance…? :sunglasses:

Tab, I knew you were a hippy!

A

What, if any, is the difference between hip hop and rap?

pogo sticks and scotch tape

-Imp

Classical - Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, Brahms, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovic - everybody else sucks.

Jazz - Gershwin, Davis, Gorelick - everybody else sucks.

Other types - suck.

It won’t let me click on them all. I’m not voting. //pout\

embracetrees

please define Punk for me. Do u mean Sum41 and Greenday or the band that never signs and just rocks it all the time for love of music?

EZ$

punk?

i meant late 70s/80s punk rock

ramones, sex pistols, new york dolls…etc.

sum41/greenday arent punk, barely rock for that matter…they are closer to the “pop” genre

and the “band that never signs and just rocks it for the love of music” would fall under the “indie” (as in"independent label) i beleive

Well this is around about me, only minus the pouting… :slight_smile:

Uniqor

Your lists a little a little destitute, in my opinion. What about Faure, or Johann Strauss II? And Rachmaninov! (there are many others but those are the most glaring omissions, for mine)

Also, in jazz, it is quite criminal not to mention Bill Evans, Erroll Gardner, and Henri Mancini, for starters.

More obscurely perhaps, have you heard Freddie Martin’s jazz rendition of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto in B flat (1st mov.)?

Regards,

James

Well this is around about me, only minus the pouting… :slight_smile:

Uniqor

Your lists a little destitute, in my opinion. What about Faure, or Johann Strauss II? And Rachmaninov! (there are many others but those are the most glaring omissions, for mine)

Also, in jazz, it is quite criminal not to mention Bill Evans, Erroll Gardner, and Henri Mancini, for starters.

More obscurely perhaps, have you heard Freddie Martin’s jazz rendition of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto in B flat (1st mov.)?

Regards,

James

James No.2 hi. Faure - who? Johan Strauss I - nothing I like. II (elder) - A couple of waltzs. II (younger) - Die Rosenkavalier. As for Jazz, I like the outliers, not mainstream. Gershwin I like becuse he can be classical. Kenyg I like because it doens’t sound like blue at all - I’ve no interest in New Orleans style, but you could say Miles Davis is an exception - but of course, that’s because he blows a classical instrument. So over all, I think I’m just into classical, classical classical - Beethoven style. The higher the deviation/variance from that, the less I like. Beethoven for me is musik fantastisch!

I have not listened to the radio and have barely purchased any CDs since I got the XM radio. It has a channel for every kind of music and it has news and comedy stations. It’s great and it’s only like ten dollars a month. Check it out if you are music lover.

Embracetrees

whew I was really worried there for a sec. thanks. But what about Alkaline Trio and Dropkick Murphy’s?

Sorry more stupid questions.

EZ$