Saddest songs ever made

Hey people what are the saddest songs ever made? :frowning:

American Pie

The ‘Zoom zoom’ themetune to the Mazda advertisement.

Or anything sung by Russell Watson, the northern opera singer.

I played American Pie on some random dude’s guitar to a coachload of people on the Euston-Watford train returning from London after the peace rally and post-demo drinks. The whole coach was singing at the top of their voices. A distinctly happy moment, I think.

Oh woops I forget to post mine… duh
I think alot of Jeff Buckley’s songs are really sad… Satisified Mind is so good.
Ben Harper has some heart-breaking stuff too. The one he did with Jearl Jam, Another Loney Day, I can really relate too.
That’s just off the top de ma tete. I’ll probably think of more laters.

Here are a couple of songs I think are sad.

“I Dreamed a Dream”, Les Miserables
It’s a song about young love, and when she became old her lover left her. There is also a bit of ode to the joys of youth and how it would be great to be young again.

“Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”, The Phantom Of The Opera
This is a song about a women’s dead dad. How she would like his guidance again in her troubled times, and that a cemetery is to cold a place for such a warm man.

“Broken Wings”, Chris de Burgh
This is about him cheating on his wife because he was away and lonely. Despite this it’s got quite a good sentiment to it.

“In Dreams”, Roy Orbison (this is also song by a lot of others)
It’s about dreaming about a lover, and in Roy’s case his late wife who had died.

“Who Wants to Live forever”, Queen
Just go watch Highlander!

“Come Undone”, Robbie Williams
It’s about Robbie’s troubles with drugs and how he doesn’t want to let somebody down by having a relapse.

And any REM song… That’s about all I can think of at the moment. If I can remember any more I’ll post them.

Pax Vitae

Sitting on the dock of the bay is my fav sad song

Pangloss, it is a song that is possible to get caught up in due to its beauty and the solidarity of the moment, and forget the lyrics.

That;s true Beetjiuce, and (as has happened many times) that is exactly what happened.

theres an acoustic version of kryptonite by 3 doors down that always seems to strike a chord,

and sour times by portishead is another one i like when im reflecting

a real sad song is , the last kiss by j Frank Wilson.
and romeo and juliet by Dire Straits.
Smoke, by natilie imbruglia…well that’s just a sad one for me maybe.

“Hurt” - By Johnny Cash.

that song always cheers me up, strange the way people can interpret songs…

anything by sade.

i always find that in the navy by the village people has a tendancy to make me sob…

on a more serious note, sail by aim is incredibly beautiful in a sad kind of way.

my favorite sad songs: “the needle and the damage done” (neil young)

• or - “ohio” (crosby stills nash and young)

My favorite sad song is “Poolshark” by Sublime. Its all about his war with Smack and how it affected his life.

:cry:

david gray - the other side

not really ‘sad’ but creates a suiting atmosphere…

The saddest songs ever are Puff the Magic Dragon
Barbra Allen: An old ballad
Come all you fair and tender ladies: Another Appalicain ballad

The fade out - Radiohead

“changes” by 2pac (the lyrics) …
reminds me of the film by Micheal Moore “bowling for Columbine”!

and “Unforgiven II” by Metallica