Predictions from Zero_Sum and a heart felt greeting.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Predictions from Zero_Sum and a heart felt greeting.

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Military and police indefinite detention without trial......

"I'm sorry, but the lifestyle you've ordered that you've grown accustomed to is completely out of stock. Have a nice day! "-$$$

“Assuming one can never leave permanent social exile and alienation keep on living only to observe the total collapse of entire societies, nations, or civilizations where afterwards in the inevitable chaos revel in its total destruction taking satisfaction within it as a casual witness. Let it all burn and come crashing down in a festival or spectacle orgy of violence.”-Myself

Zero_Sum
Evil Neo-Nazi Extraordinaire.

Location: U.S.S.A- Newly lead Bolshevik Soviet block. Also known as Weimar America.

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:42 pm

"I'm sorry, but the lifestyle you've ordered that you've grown accustomed to is completely out of stock. Have a nice day! "-$$$

“Assuming one can never leave permanent social exile and alienation keep on living only to observe the total collapse of entire societies, nations, or civilizations where afterwards in the inevitable chaos revel in its total destruction taking satisfaction within it as a casual witness. Let it all burn and come crashing down in a festival or spectacle orgy of violence.”-Myself

Zero_Sum

Location: U.S.S.A- Newly lead Bolshevik Soviet block. Also known as Weimar America.

Postby promethean75 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Attachments
0yjOrID.jpg
0yjOrID.jpg (218.12 KiB) Viewed 168 times
rsz_img_20200322_163517940.jpg
rsz_img_20200322_163517940.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 168 times
rsz_img_20200322_163505008.jpg
rsz_img_20200322_163505008.jpg (82.35 KiB) Viewed 168 times
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Thumbs up! ^^^^

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:02 pm

Jim B. Bullard [St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank Executive]- "We're predicting that U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, coupled with an unprecedented 50% drop in US GDP."

Zero_Sum

Postby iambiguous » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Jim B. Bullard [St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank Executive]- "We're predicting that U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, coupled with an unprecedented 50% drop in US GDP."

Being optimistic in other words.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Jim B. Bullard [St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank Executive]- "We're predicting that U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, coupled with an unprecedented 50% drop in US GDP."

Being optimistic in other words.

Yes, any time a government official comes out with bad news like this I usually assume it will be ten times worse just because of all their blatant lying.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me that I was right Biggie, no rush....

Zero_Sum

Postby iambiguous » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
I'm still waiting for you to tell me that I was right Biggie, no rush....

This is what you predicted last Sunday:

I'm calling it now, the death of the United States dollar [USD] within the next week or two. Game over man, game fucking over! Incoming global economic and market crash imminent! United States stock market crash imminent!

My reaction:

Just out of curiosity, what would you actually be willing to bet on this?
In other words, what would you be willing to part with if it turns out that you are wrong?
Putting, for example, your money -- all of it? -- where your prediction is?
Given that, say, if you are right, everything gets doubled.

That's the part you may or may not be right about. Your prediction that, in my view...

...this is basically an "extinction event" for the global economy. And certainly for the American economy.

Basically what the doomsayers were predicting back when the financial crisis of 2007–08 descended on us. And, sure, if the coronavirus is not able to be contained or mutates into an even more deadly strain, that's not completely out of the question. But if, over the next few months, it is contained [and does not come roaring back again in the Fall], the global economy may well again be bullish.

Then you pleaded destitution and accused me of being in denial.

But, really, what intrigues me most about your reaction revolves instead around this:

On the other hand, there are some folks here who are actually reacting rather, what, gleefully, to the calamities that might unfold? But that is just another manifestation of dasein to me. It may piss some off, but how much real control do we have over all of the events in our lives that predispose us to react in very different ways?

And...

A little right-wing reactionary bird no doubt. Of course the left-wing radicals have their own rendition of that.

Only, based on my own experiences, not as many of them will actually revel in all of the enormous pain and suffering that millions upon millions of human beings are about to endure.

You can't wait for it to happen. Or, rather, so it seems to me. But, from my point of view, what is most interesting here is why. What was the actual existential trajectory that your life has taken to date -- experiences, relationships, access to ideas -- that created this particular political prejudice?

Or are you able instead to provide us with a philosophical argument defending your point of view as one that all reasonable men and women are likely to embody in this day and age.

Then you tell us you have own reasons for "despising the world". But that is precisely what fascinates me the most. Not what people believe but how -- existentially -- they came to believe it. The part about dasein. In other words...

We all have reasons for many of the things we think and feel and say and do.

But why one set of reasons and not another? In regard to the way things are or in how one would like to see them reset.

How are the reasons we give in regard to moral and political value judgments the embodiment of dasein more or less than a capacity on our part [in a philosophy venue] to defend them as more or less rational.

And then the extent to which any number of philosophers make the connection between a rational frame of mind and a virtuous frame of mind. And then those of a religious bent who make a further connection between that and immortality and salvation.

I'm just someone intent more on discussing these relationships out in the world of actual human interactions. A world that today is descending into a collective reality that may well engender calamitous consequences for any number of people. Including children and all those who have little or nothing to do with making the world the shithole that it already was for millions before this latest calamity.

But I'm not someone able to criticize anyone who does not think about it the way that I do. Why? Because the way I think about it myself is no less the embodiment of "I" as an existential contraption.

And, in a No God world, I have thought myself into believing that in the absence of God all moral and political frames of mind really are permitted. It's just a matter of how fractured and fragmented others are who do think like me.

Me, I am looking for empathy no less than others who are able embrace the real me in sync with the right thing to do. There are just far fewer of me around. Or, rather, based on my own experiences, there are.

The irony being that my own interest here seems to revolve more around just the sort of things that might provoke philosophers in exploring what we think, feel, say and do about something like the coronavirus.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:42 am

Damn it Biggie, you're trying to steal my thunder and victory away from me. 8) :lol: :) :P

You have to make everything so damn complicated. :lol: :wink:

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:44 am

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:50 am

Update: Harvey Weinstein has caught the Coronavirus.

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:55 am

Timber! DOW Futures or overnight markets.

Zero_Sum

Postby iambiguous » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:23 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Damn it Biggie, you're trying to steal my thunder and victory away from me. 8) :lol: :) :P

Well, as Karpel Tunnel never tires of pointing out, I am an asshole. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 am

iambiguous wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Damn it Biggie, you're trying to steal my thunder and victory away from me. 8) :lol: :) :P

Well, as Karpel Tunnel never tires of pointing out, I am an asshole. 8)

And yet I'm a bigger one than you, welcome to the club!

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Neel Kashkari- "I heard from a bank in our region, a well-to-do customer came in and said 'I want to withdraw $600,000 in cash.' Now, we can supply all the cash that the banks need to meet their customer's concerns. But it just speaks to the fear and the uncertainty that's rippling through the economy. "

"This is literally why Central Banks exist. We're the lender of last resort. This is literally why Central Banks exist. If everybody gets scared at the same time and they demand their money back, that's why the Federal Reserve is here. We will absolutely meet those demands."

"That's literally what congress has told us to do. That's the authority they have given us, to print money and provide liquidity into the financial system. We create it electronically and we can also print it, with the Treasury Department, so you can get money out of your ATMs."

"We're far from out of ammunition...your ATM is safe, your banks are safe. There's an infinite amount of cash at the Federal Reserve."

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Update: Was walking around the block of my residence outside today for like ten minutes and there’s been this white hazmat van driving around town the last four days. He was parked in a grocery store parking lot for like three minutes and inside the driver’s seat was a soldier dressed in uniform. That’s not a good sign, right?

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Last edited by Zero_Sum on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zero_Sum

Postby iambiguous » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Update: Was walking around the block of my residence outside today for like ten minutes and there’s been this white hazmat van driving around town the last four days. He was parked in a grocery store parking lot for like three minutes and inside the driver’s seat was a soldier dressed in uniform. That’s not a good sign, right?

See how questions of this sort are rooted existentially in dasein? And certainly the individual answers will be.

It will be seen as a bad thing by some and a good thing by others. Or, for some, just shrugged off. And they will give you their reasons based how they see themselves out in the particular world around them.

Now, there are facts that can be ascertained regarding the use of military personnel in this crisis. But, again, our reaction to these facts are, from my frame of mind, the embodiment of "I".

Your "I", my "I", his "I" her "I"? Our "we"? Their "we"?

The question here [in a philosophy venue] is what to make of this. Is there a way in which to think and to feel and to act in regard to the use of the military in this situation?

The most rational way? The only rational way? An epistemologically sound manner?

Then imagine if your own reasonably intact sense of self here was to become considerably more fractured and fragmented. Like mine.

In fact, the coronavirus outbreak is the classic object lesson for someone who thinks like me. "I" in the time distress, turbulence, uncertainty. What stays the same, what changes.

Otherwise, sure, carry on. :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Update: Seen another white hazmat van smoking a cigarette on my porch and this time it isn’t the same one. It appears they’re patrolling the area every thirty minutes at regular frequent intervals.

Zero_Sum

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm

He was parked in a grocery store parking lot for like three minutes and inside the driver’s seat was a soldier dressed in uniform.

Nah that's not government. They wouldn't be rooting around a small rural community like yours (not yet, anyway). He's probably a bad guy... likely a right-winger white nationalist. They like to dress up in fatigues and shit and go driving around in company vans listening to Bob Seger while looking for jews and cops to spray coronavirus on (no shit, google it). Doubt he was antifa, mad maxist or anarchist. They tend to dress more stylishly.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 pm

promethean75 wrote:
He was parked in a grocery store parking lot for like three minutes and inside the driver’s seat was a soldier dressed in uniform.

Nah that's not government. They wouldn't be rooting around a small rural community like yours (not yet, anyway). He's probably a bad guy... likely a right-winger white nationalist. They like to dress up in fatigues and shit and go driving around in company vans listening to Bob Seger while looking for jews and cops to spray coronavirus on (no shit, google it). Doubt he was antifa, mad maxist or anarchist. They tend to dress more stylishly.

I don't think so man, they look unmarked and standard government issued. The kind of vehicles that only the government can afford. Didn't look like no poser to me and there isn't just one van either but instead multiple ones.

Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Last edited by Zero_Sum on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zero_Sum

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Alright here's what you do.

If you don't have any warrants for your arrest, you can from from them when they try to take you into custody for transport to the fema camp, without incurring any charges (resisting arrest). So you lose nothing by running, and you sure as shit don't wanna go to a fema camp because all they do is play checkers and read old People magazines all day. If you run, and they catch you, your good (legally), and off you go. So you might as well run as a first option. And don't worry, they won't shoot at you. If a neighbor saw it and got it to the news media, well... they think they got problems now? Let the country find out government is shooting at citizens who resist detention. Total chaos in less than 24 hrs. The government wouldn't dare take that risk (not yet. not yet.)
promethean75
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat