this is like, my Home?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: this is like, my Home?

Postby barbarianhorde » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 pm

I kind of like Boris.
I read his book on Churchill which was fresh.
And you cant be all wrong as an English politician if you've got such passion for the man who grabbed Europe from the jaws of the ugliest regime of eternity.

Maybe Boris is precisely what is needed. You never can tell in advance, but he sure is giving a less helpless impression than May.

All this helplessness was ridiculous. You cant be England and pretend to have no power or leverage.
Plus a deal? Really? Are you going to trust a deal, made with the likes of ... them?
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:57 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:I kind of like Boris.
I read his book on Churchill which was fresh.
And you cant be all wrong as an English politician if you've got such passion for the man who grabbed Europe from the jaws of the ugliest regime of eternity.

Maybe Boris is precisely what is needed. You never can tell in advance, but he sure is giving a less helpless impression than May.

All this helplessness was ridiculous. You cant be England and pretend to have no power or leverage.
Plus a deal? Really? Are you going to trust a deal, made with the likes of ... them?

It was a weird era in British politics indeed.. please note that I’ve been intentionally diplomatic in that reply. :P

Boris, the latter day Churchill.. I’ve never thought of him as such, but a worthy comparison to make. He does seem to have gotten our power and leverage back on track, and so putting discussions back on the table, where there were none.. due to the EU Officials’ childish attitude to us Brexiting.

Sure.. there’s already less brands on the shelves, of biscuits and other such unhealthy produce, but the country is already happier on the whole, and that wages and living standards in general will rise.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 pm

I read that the Queen has been asking if she has the right to fire him?
But now he is making a u turn (as it is phrased) on the Irish border issue.

I would not like to be a politician in this day and age.

Anyway, you're the only sane Brit I know online I suppose, so the only way I can get some news out of England. Its good to hear people are feeling a bit better.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
BTL
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:44 pm

I read that Boris said he’d rather be sacked than resign, and the story became “Can the Queen sack the Prime Minister” lol.. the situation seems to have settled down now, so I think that option is off the table.

The thing is.. the opposition watches and documents Boris’ every move of his every waking moment, and spins a negative angle on all the articles that go to press. That seems to have died down and subsided now, leaving him to get on with negotiating an optimal Brexit deal as possible.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat