Im gonna smoke some weed now

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:32 pm

For my psyche a rule of thumb came naturally that was: if it feels too good, leave it.

So I only did MDMA and xtc about three times, because it is obviously coming at a yuge cost. Mushrooms I did quite a few times until it turned around on me and made me want to contemplate the most commonplace things, kind of separating itself from me. LSD Ive done three times, cocaine also, never obviously Im doing heroin, once did opium because it was in painkillers, that really showed me how opium can take over your life very easily. So I only smoke weed, simply because it opens up a vast part of my psyche that simply isn't there in people who don't smoke pot. Its just the case. Its a place where I evolve just as the sober place is a place where I evolve. I alternate. Im like an alternating current.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Oh yeah and Ayahuasca I did once. That was super soothing and it just said to me, go home, (someone) needs you, work your theory, it is the bomb, you understand what you need to understand. Then it cleared out my bowels and that was that.

Except, not. I drank some whiskeys a few days later, and its triggered the ayahuasca and I attacked a guard and nearly got thrown in jail, which would have sucked since it was in Brazil.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 pm

I had taken xtc with my cousin after I had broke up with a girl Id been with for some years and then a week later I did it again, and then the day after I was talking to him sitting outside a cafe and telling a story, and he said, yeah, you told me this yesterday.

I said fuckin hell I don't remember that. He said, well yeah memory loss is a part of xtc. I felt supremely disgusting and wondered what in the hell else I wasn't remembering.
See Im turning into Pandora. Drugs r bad. Mostly. But weed isn't really a drug. Not if you don't get the 20 percent THC stuff but nice kush which is heavy on the CBD. I used to be a sativa fiend. That was really a bit unhealthy.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Pandora » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Artimas wrote:https://youtu.be/VnwFmaLiKl4

Hahahaha.

I think the joke’s on you, Artimas.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Pandora » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 pm

Del Ivers wrote:No, that's more your projection and usually from someone who conflates elements which for some reason or another they can't handle separately. Did someone ever use compassion as a weapon on you?
You are the one brought up the topic of compassion into this discussion, by pointing out to government separating parents from children. This was done in the context of drug use discussion, and debasement.

“Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?"
Because “good” people refuse to see reality as it is. And that boils down to self-pity.

Thankfully, for myself it's more like decaffeinated green tea and reading, "Horton Hears A Who!"
Good for you. Let the world know.

Anyone who has really read my initial response to Mr. Horde will note that if I promoted anything it was information about the manufactured higher levels of THC through hybridization and the consequences of that in the increase of cases involving withdrawal symptoms. And along with that the matter of personal information and issues about dispensary/government use of information. If I promoted anything to Mr Horde it was caution, but he seems more than able to recognize such and so it's simply another talking point in the discussion.
You also pointed out government actions on parents and children as a form of debasement. You called the former “a real debasement” and such observation a form of compassion. You emotion-laden straw man argument amounted to an excuse that someone would use in order to do drugs, and a compassion as a possible justification. You are excusing drugs, or use of drugs, by pointing that the “real” problem may not lie in drugs. Yes, there may be external instigators of drug use, but in my book, that does not excuse the drug user, nor justify its use, whether under umbrella of compassion or not. A compassion-induced self-debasement is still self-debasement.

You wrote,

You want real debasement that has nothing to do with drugs? Look no further than what's happening in our government. If nothing is found as relief for that then the debasement is going to come crashing in through the window. Taking the parents away from innocent children who have barely begun to make sense of what life is about; where would you put that on the debasement scale?
One does not have to be Jesus to recognize the plight of others and have a measure of compassion.


After 20 years plus of participation in forums and making and administering some, blah blah...
Good for you. Do you now want a medal for that? Image

Time itself will let Pandora know just how many shades of gray there a lot more effectively than you, me, or anyone else.
I don’t plan on making excuses, like you are.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Artimas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Pandora wrote:
Artimas wrote:https://youtu.be/VnwFmaLiKl4

Hahahaha.

I think the joke’s on you, Artimas.


Well history and evolution shows you’re wrong.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:55 am

Its ironic, since weed is famed for inspiring understanding and compassion, that its greatest opponent shows herself so completely without both of these.

Ive seen the same kind of thing before with some girls who tried it and completely went bonkers, and never recovered from those three puff they took.

Pandora never becomes personal except when she addresses drugs. I must suppose drugs have damaged her life more than they'll ever damage most users. Maybe a drug using family member killed another family member in front of her, something bad must have happened.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am

Something bad, something bad
happened round the block
you don't want to go and look
all the folks there are in shock

Granted. Again. Bad things do happen.
The high does have its price.
Whoever can't pay this price, for whichever sodden reason, is ... fucked, as I believe the expression goes.

Proper fucked.

It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Del Ivers » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Could be, but for some reason I'm reminded of that carnival game where people toss a coin and try to have it land on a plate. Very few winners and if they do win the prize is cheaper than what they lost.

Image
Del Ivers
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Artimas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:45 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:Its ironic, since weed is famed for inspiring understanding and compassion, that its greatest opponent shows herself so completely without both of these.

Ive seen the same kind of thing before with some girls who tried it and completely went bonkers, and never recovered from those three puff they took.

Pandora never becomes personal except when she addresses drugs. I must suppose drugs have damaged her life more than they'll ever damage most users. Maybe a drug using family member killed another family member in front of her, something bad must have happened.


Yes but if Pandora did experience something bad from or with drugs then she must understand it is not the drug, it is the people. She should forgive the past for it only may create bias and keep one imprisoned in negative feeling and unreasonable judgements/criticism.

Forgiveness would be more for her, not anyone or anything else

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Del Ivers wrote:Could be, but for some reason I'm reminded of that carnival game where people toss a coin and try to have it land on a plate. Very few winners and if they do win the prize is cheaper than what they lost.

Image

In that case, it is rather terrible to contemplate how little people who do not endure drugs really have to lose.

Given that very few artists worth their salt have stayed away from drugs, and that I think artists are in general most well attuned to the joys of life, I would say that that can be gained from using drugs is simply this: more life. Life gets better, deeper, more fertile. Thats if you use it right.

Note that humanity is such a sad heap of rust on the surface of the planet, and the fact that it is largely "sober" could very well be the problem. Of why the species doesn't fucking budge and become something somewhat natural.

Of course, Im not talking about a crystal meth revolution.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 pm

Artimas wrote:
barbarianhorde wrote:Its ironic, since weed is famed for inspiring understanding and compassion, that its greatest opponent shows herself so completely without both of these.

Ive seen the same kind of thing before with some girls who tried it and completely went bonkers, and never recovered from those three puff they took.

Pandora never becomes personal except when she addresses drugs. I must suppose drugs have damaged her life more than they'll ever damage most users. Maybe a drug using family member killed another family member in front of her, something bad must have happened.


Yes but if Pandora did experience something bad from or with drugs then she must understand it is not the drug, it is the people. She should forgive the past for it only may create bias and keep one imprisoned in negative feeling and unreasonable judgements/criticism.

Forgiveness would be more for her, not anyone or anything else

She is fine the way she is.
I just draw a line at agreeing with her on this subject. I simply don't. But I believe she is perfectly harmless in this area - she is so radical that not a single person who has ever used drugs will think she knows what she is talking about - and constructive in other areas.

People have flaws. Hers is quite minor.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Artimas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:
Artimas wrote:
barbarianhorde wrote:Its ironic, since weed is famed for inspiring understanding and compassion, that its greatest opponent shows herself so completely without both of these.

Ive seen the same kind of thing before with some girls who tried it and completely went bonkers, and never recovered from those three puff they took.

Pandora never becomes personal except when she addresses drugs. I must suppose drugs have damaged her life more than they'll ever damage most users. Maybe a drug using family member killed another family member in front of her, something bad must have happened.


Yes but if Pandora did experience something bad from or with drugs then she must understand it is not the drug, it is the people. She should forgive the past for it only may create bias and keep one imprisoned in negative feeling and unreasonable judgements/criticism.

Forgiveness would be more for her, not anyone or anything else

She is fine the way she is.
I just draw a line at agreeing with her on this subject. I simply don't. But I believe she is perfectly harmless in this area - she is so radical that not a single person who has ever used drugs will think she knows what she is talking about - and constructive in other areas.

People have flaws. Hers is quite minor.


Indeed, everyone does have flaws, that is one aspect in what makes us unique. Her flaw can be adjusted as a strength if she wished though. I just don’t like when people miss out on something great or with potential due to a negative experiencing or perhaps never experiencing but forming bias due to an indoctrinated fear.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby Pandora » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:54 pm

barbarianhorde wrote: Pandora never becomes personal except when she addresses drugs. I must suppose drugs have damaged her life more than they'll ever damage most users. Maybe a drug using family member killed another family member in front of her, something bad must have happened.

I was born and raised in a different (anti-drug) generation and environment, so logically you can only accuse me of resisting change. (And I may be a dying generation in that respect).
There are many, many ways to disarm and use a man and drugs are on the side of more dangerous and direct methods. This is why I oppose it. (And it is not even subtle anymore, which sets up a precedent for future standards). In an ideal world, everyone is doped up and happy, but in a real world, one group will use it (and those happy doped up folks) as a tool or weapon against another. Sorry, but those are just sober facts of life. (and those facts I also grew up with and will stick with).
You want your happiness? You will have it, but as an impotent slave. Because that’s is the price you’ll pay.
What I see in the future is a will-less hedonistic generation that is easily manipulated with various fairy tales. People will be living AS characters of Hollywood films. In the matrix of their own minds, even more so than they do today. Drugs will facilitate that.

Her flaw can be adjusted as a strength if she wished though.
https://1984englishblog.files.wordpress ... 12/war.png
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Im gonna smoke some weed now

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:37 pm

Fair answer. Good answer in fact, very clarifying.

But drugs don't bring happiness.
I can concur, most people Ive seen smoke weed have as their first impulse to sit in the couch and watch tv or play videogames. I never could waste myself like that. Their complacency has nothing to do with happiness.
What does it bring? To me, a willingness to engage different kinds of thoughts than when Im sober.

If ideas can't be executed, they are worthless. Many worthless ideas come to pass, and many worthwhile ones. It is indeed rare that people take the trouble to actually use drugs, to an end that is not the pleasure that comes from the high.

So on the whole you may be right about the effects on the population. Im not saying you definitely are. But it is very commonplace for people to use drugs to waste themselves.
Ironically, it is usually the ones that are intent on maintaining their self-value that get in psychological trouble. This trouble itself, the psychoses etcetera, this is where the truth of drugs hide underneath. One has to survive the psychotic-like episodes to be able to do some useful work through the stuff. This goes to the point that I think it is impossible to have a really keen psychological insight into most of humanity if one hasn't put ones own psyche in danger through such means.

Your psyche doesn't cohere because of some Truth, but through habit. Good drugs (no crystal meth) will show the habits for what they are. This causes a panic in most people who are honest enough to get to this point - the habit was all they had to rely on. Psychosis is the general name for what happens then. But this is just the start of the process. The idea is to not remain in the psychosis. But to get to the other side is not given to many.

On the whole Id definitely not recommend to any teenager that they use drugs. It is a dangerous path, and many do end up lost.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MagsJ, Meno_