Masonry

So recently I had contacted the Freemasons with the intention of seeking more information, they answered me and let me know what I needed to know, I contacted a local lodge to ask how to join, I was told to stop by on Saturday when they meet to play pool for an informal meet and greet type situation to determine if I fit and it fits me.

I was curious to know if there are any Freemasons here on the forums or if anyone has more information for me so I may better determine my decision, if anyone is a freemason here, would I seem like a good candidate to apply for such a fraternity given my posts and what I may understand?

Your interests seem to fit the profile. Even just the fact that youre asking this question so prudently seems a positive indicator.
Good luck.

Thank you, your response is much appreciated. I hope to be apart of something, I am starved for intellectual family and friends. I am tired of feeling so alone, rejected and demonized… and out of place with people not interested with learning about reality and self.

I understand and I want to help people. I feel the freemasons can show me how to execute/project these understandings into reality better, I just want to help mankind evolve and not at the expense of my own sanity and being hurt by others lack of understanding or willful ignorance.

It sounds like you’re fit for a serious task.

I believe so, ever since being a child I had felt obligated as well as capable of helping the world/people. I feel so old, as if I have been here since the beginning and I am not old at all. I can’t fit in with my own generation or with “normal” people…

The subconscious has been guiding me for so long, even as a child, especially then… I made choices and followed my path that brought me to this point, not even out of a full understanding… I couldn’t get adjusted to public school and the people, they didn’t care about true education like I do and so it was all a mockery to me… I dropped out and left my home at 17 to go to Oregon. I got my Ged and began working on myself ever since then and I am only 25 now and feel timeless… I feel as if I am some incarnation but I don’t remember everything, I have had images in my mind, they were timeless and of ancient times it felt to me… Nearly indescribable. I have had vivid dreams… As a child I could clap my hands to wake myself up from a nightmare… That ability has been long lost but so bizarre. I just don’t feel I belong where I am now…

Ive got some friends at the border of Oregon and Washington, White Salmon, at this great Gorge. One guy built his own house out of trees there, three stories, incredible.

Anyway, 25 is young, you still have your Saturn Return coming up, meaning it’d be unnatural in a sense for you to already know what you are in the sense of the responsibilities you want to take on.

I advise to pick up some physical discipline while your young and get them into your tendons and nerves. Shaolin Kung fu and chi kung are great, especially if you have the open spaces like I remember from there, look at this master/writer called Wong Kiew Kit.

I just retrieved my Wing Chun passport in moving my stuff out of the house I was getting kicked out of by some muslim thugs who bought the place. Amsterdam, ugh. Anyway. Was good to find that thing back, with my grades on it, I had a fantastic teacher and was lucky to learn from him when he had only 20 students, Now he has tens of thousands. I had to quit in the process of that growth, he didn’t have time to spar with me. But Ill get back into the discipline a bit.

I wish I could offer something concrete. But thats not how this goes. You’re on a quest for mastery and thats a first person quest.

I am very much tempted to post some of my videos on the Tree of Life though since you have it in your signature.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZfESt3Bpk[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOxRSYGWFo[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-hmbYgJeo[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKK5hlXTrc[/youtube]

. I live in Portland or happy valley at the moment. I was born in Las Vegas but just had to get out of there and more into the green fresh nature.

Yes I am young but have always felt older than what I am… I am a Capricorn and mostly earth sign except my rising is a Gemini, I am not fully sure If this has anything to do with me and my connection to Saturn, or why it could be unnatural but it would make sense for zodiacs and constellations to play a role in our existence, in terms of energy, vibration and frequencies…

I was in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a full month everyday after work I would go for an hour to two hours to practice, I pick up on things fast, I wanted to continue my training but I could not afford it anymore after I moved out.

I am sorry you have to deal with moving, I had to move recently too on the spot and was almost homeless, I had a nightmare of it even… Some drunk guy started a fight with me because my dog bit him but I believe he was up to no good and his attacking me was evidence of such. I have always wanted to practice Wing Chun myself and become a martial artist. I had a philosophy when I was younger of which I did not fully understand but pursued… To have a body like Bruce Lee, a mind like Einstein and a spirit like Buddha. A trinity of balance.

I understand what you mean, it is a path of self and mastering self, I get how it’s difficult due to being unique to try and put forth your own lessons of which you have learned from, I try to help others all the time so I am completely aware of its difficulties to provide concrete lesson or proof, one has to be open minded and seek to understand for the sake of understanding instead of to reply or know. After all the point is to understand what we know… I watched the first two videos so far, I am going to watch your other two when I get home, it’s good information. I have a tattoo of the flower of life. I also understand the balance between the tree, I have advocated such a balance just in my own language of which I discovered such through a lot of reading, correlating and understanding.

Yes it is important to fortify oneself on this path. People do it all the time, fortify themselves, but if ones tendency is philosophic fortification stands in the way of the visibility of the world. So we need to make for a transparent fort, so to speak - one needs to be a fortress of will.
I like Wing Chun because of all the martial arts I tried it was the most philosophically consistent with its purpose. Its main principle: if the way is free, we go forward.
For a mind which always looks in all directions, such a martial art is extremely useful.
The power of the well placed strike to launch people in the air is attained by its internal arts, the breathing in practicing the form, which must be practiced extremely slowly as well as at combat speed. Usually they don’t teach this, unfortunately. Without it Wing Chun is really just a kind of trick, not a lethal force.
At one point my sifu wasn’t there because he was giving a workshop to the Israeli army. Krav Maga takes some of Wing Chun straightforwardness but not its internal arts.
But, on the whole, if I were to recommend a system of self defence now, given the problems with getting good Wing Chun teaching, it would be the Russian military method, Systema. Purchase some DVDs from Vladimir Vasiliev and I think you’re set, especially in combination with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which also became an interest of my Sifu. There is so much principle and logic in this art, it is inexhaustible. It is oriented on physics entirely. Completely magical, thereby. A human body which controls its own physics is a tremendous force.
It is by far the most Buddhistic martial art I know. It is completely oblivious to desire. It just deals with what is.

This relates to the balance of Tipharet. There is balance both between left and right and top and bottom - a very hard won balance. A man has to go through a lot of extremes on all sides to be able to hold the existential polarities together in his minds heart. This can only be accomplished in some form of movement; I believe the ultimate zen meditation is the fine tuning of ones physical rhythm with the motions of the Earth around the Sun and the Moon around the Earth. In all deep meditation, the body will be swaying ever so slightly. It is then easy to enhance this swaying and attain a dancing trance, like so many practitioners in the East tend to love. But the swaying does distract from the core of the concentration, which causes the nirvanic ecstasy. I like standing meditation, I like to feel my feet finding the point of most perfect balance. All power comes out of the Earth, on how we are rooted on it. To uphold the sky in samadhi requires firm footing, which in turns requires a constant soft movement, an adaption to the shift in gravity. To attune to this might be the true cause of the ananda. Why it can the attained while lying down; it has to do with upholding the body, with doing work. Doing precisely the right work, namely, maintaining balance in cosmic motion and doing nothing besides. This feels like the relinquishing of the will to power, and amounts in the enjoyment of ones full capacity. Capacity for what? Anything. That is where lasting values and true paths are born.

Saturn and Capricorn - I noticed that last year, the Suns entry into Capricorn, on the solstice, coincided with Saturns entry in Capricorn. The same day. This is a once a lifetime event, probably once in hundreds of years. The weird thing was that I discovered this looking if this was an auspicious moment to start a Saturn calendar. So thats what I did.
We are now in the first year of Saturn.
The rules of this calendar are the same as of the Jupiter calendar I had installed in 2015; the new year starts when the planet and the Sun are in first conjunction in a sign. Because Jupiter has a 12 year orbit, this amounts in years of 13 months. With Saturn the years are a little under three solar years. I am using these periods to understand and better work with the qualities present on Earth at a given time, the arcs that can be worked out.
Here is some thread I made on the Jupiter calendar if you require further information on this.
astrologyweekly.com/forum/s … p?t=110629
beforethelight.forumotion.com/t5 … r-calendar

Dogs are rarely wrong.

Im glad youre getting something out of these videos. It is an honour to work in that particular tradition of teaching. Im half Jewish, that is to say my father is Jewish. He wasn’t raised religiously. His father was put on the train to Auschwitz with the rest of his family, he was the only one who had renounced his religion and the only one who had the certainty that he had to escape. He did escape, completely unfathomably. So my dad, a scientist, raised me as a scientist, and this is how I approach the tree of life foremost, as a system of synthetic logic. But it remains the case that it deals with things which are both subjective and objective at once, therefore it moves beyond the prerogatives of science and forces us to be philosophical, to take ourselves into the equation, as radically as this equation will change us.

I filled out the petition to a lodge and now await for the answer. Hopefully I don’t get black balled but I don’t think I will, everyone there seemed nice and of good intent. Good judgement as well I am sure.

The videos you linked me along with other freemason videos and vlogs have given me a decent understanding, I feel I may have traveled the staircase already but I have a lot more to learn, the checkered floor is so familiar to me as well, it is almost as if I am dreaming.

Just remember, you get out of it as much as you put in.

I went to rehab with an alcoholic who had been a mason for 20 years. He was like yeah, I go to meetings every year or so. Got the ring. But um… Nothing special.

Like catholics, you know?

I understand. I called the WM today and left a voicemail, he said to call after I filled out the petition so I called today, hopefully they invite me back. I am not sure how the initiation and all works so I don’t want to intrude or go to the lodge without being invited… they all seemed nice and I talked with them a bit, there was a man there who has been a mason for 23 years and I believe another member who has been there even longer. I hope to learn from them if accepted. I will put a lot in for the sake of learning and helping others, it’s a relief for me to fit in with people who understand how education works… just so tired of being painted as bad or evil by people not willing to look beyond their own horizon… it is painful and with little lesson.