I dont think youre stupid

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

I dont think youre stupid

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm

I just think youre not smart.

suckers lack the aggression to think; To crack open an illusion and break into a truth.

Pacifists before the mind will always be not smart, even though they may do well at problems which have already been solved, high school tests and such, they tremble and in this trembling are shattered before any real intellectual challenge.

Thats all. You know who you are. :D
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: I dont think youre stupid

Postby iambiguous » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 am

Jakob wrote: I just think youre not smart.

Sure, it might be me. Or it might be you. Or it might be someone else.

Or, perhaps, he was looking in the mirror.

But: Smart or stupid about what? Relating to what specific context?

Jakob wrote: suckers lack the aggression to think; To crack open an illusion and break into a truth.

What on earth is that suppose to mean? Can he cite a few examples of this based on his own experience around individuals like this.

Jakob wrote: Pacifists before the mind will always be not smart, even though they may do well at problems which have already been solved, high school tests and such, they tremble and in this trembling are shattered before any real intellectual challenge.

Really, how fucking obscure is this?

Let him propose an example of an "intellectual challenge" and then contrast how he engages it in a more sophisticated manner.

But I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is all just tongue in cheek.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat