Bringing back Smoothini, Pangloss, Ben, Polemarchus, etc

Hello,

Please allow me to begin by apologizing, this topic may seem to be a bit off kilter but some universal stirrings have caused me to reach out into the dark and see if any of the grey beard philosophers get this message, maybe are even around under different names. There is much to catch up on and while old companions can be separated by distance and time, our bond is never broken. If anyone can reach out to the old members back as far as 2003 and even further, please reply and let me know you are here. It has been a long time and there is much to catch up on.

Regards,
~Magius

I’m new here. I don’t know who those are, so I browsed “Smoothini’s” posts. I have been through about 5 different pages. I have yet to see anything of his even remotely related to philosophy. Seems like a mildly entertaining chap though. As for the other’s I haven’t yet browsed.

Hello Lordoflight,

Smoothini was a member of this board for a long time and contributed greatly. It is difficult to debate the value or philosophical importance of his posts, since just about anything can be said to be philosophical in the everyday nomenclature. Personally, I hold a specific definition for the word “Philosophy” and what constitutes it, which would give us a benchmark to compare and contrast, but I believe for the topic of this post, that would miss the mark.

This thread was created to see if any of the old veterans may be around and to respond in this thread. I digress, since you read many of Smoothini’s posts, you may be interested to know that his real name is Tomas de la Cruz and he is somewhat of a celebrity. He is a professional magician from the USA and is on his second season of a show that you can watch on TV.

Cheers,
~Magius

What about gobbo and siatd?

Why live in the past, when you can be living in the present and subsequently the future… embrace the new and the novel… ILP has evolved, along with our ever-changing membership.