I went out for some milk

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

I went out for some milk

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:48 pm

And this happened

"I am not fazed by myself. I have dragged myself through too much of myself to be fazed. Others are disturbed by the slightes articulation of themselves. But they are unfazed by the machine."
Pedro I Rengel

Re: I went out for some milk

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:30 am

When I was in college, I lived in the worst apartment ever. Total shit hole. Like an old house that should have been condemned, but it was broken up into 6 apartments, and so they just condemned 2 of the apartments. It was dirt cheap, and as shitty as could be. But the guy upstairs from me, a Russian guy...he'd moved here to play violin as part of the symphony in the city here. So even though the apartment was total shit, I would wake up occasionally to the sound of this world class violinist practicing upstairs. The walls were thin so I could hear the bow on the strings quite vividly. It was a strange feeling to be sitting in such a dump but with the backdrop of this guy's music. Crazy stuff.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:38 pm

I think this guy is proof that playing fast under difficult circumstances will produce something of more beauty than a slow and studied interpretation in perfect conditions.
"I am not fazed by myself. I have dragged myself through too much of myself to be fazed. Others are disturbed by the slightes articulation of themselves. But they are unfazed by the machine."
Pedro I Rengel

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm

For one thing, he's more commited to the piece than any concert violinist.

Though with that level of skill he probably was a concert violinist once.

Only one other performance ever impressed me nore, and it impressed me deeply. An old man plahing inside the entrance to a metro station. This one wasn't even asking for money. He didn't seek danger anymore, he just liked the acoustics and didn't care who was there. Nothing deeper ever reached my ears. He actually understood the music, with all the gathered pain and putrid sweetness from his life.

I think it was the only time I ever felt true reverence.
Pedro I Rengel

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat