world cup.. from an american with no horse in race

Certainly didn’t expect that one. Excellent tournament. Did you see the Messi goal? Poetry in motion!

You simply just dislike Football, as opposed to American Football? your strong dislike of Football was saying to me otherwise.

Immersive experiences of the un-experienced are not your thing? and I don’t mean bedding a different ethnicity female to you…

I will have to watch that in the hi-lights… I’ve missed the last few days of matches due to an excess need to sleep #-o

K: well, that certainly didn’t go the way I thought it would…

UMMMMMMMMMM

I will wait until after those fine Brits face Belgium this afternoon
to decide… but I really have only Brazil to fall back upon…
as far as favorities go…

it really is anyone’s tournment at this point…

Kropotkin

Im glad he came through for these awesome people that traveled along, they were singing en full masse the whole time they were down, no other match had that kind of atmosphere so far. I started out supporting Nigeria but being impartial the passion of these Argentinians despite their idiotic coach convinced me of their rights in the tournament.

Croatia would be my pick. They don’t have any real defects and offensive they’ve alway impressed me.

Just watched the France-Argentina game and it was an excellent
game……. I think that France just wanted it more and had more
heart then Argentina and that is why France won…….

It looked to me like Messi kind of gave up after the 80th minute.

He really didn’t play a very good world cup at all and he will
be critized for it and he should be…

Now, can France win? Maybe if the draw works out
but they have the heart to win it, but will the talent follow?

Kropotkin

Since we’re out, I’m rooting for Croatia. They are the best slavic team anyways, they always were. But I don’t think they can compete with Brazil which looks like destined to win this world cup. Here are my predictions:

Semis:
Brazil - France
Croatia - Switzerland

Finals:
Brazil - Switzerland

Final ranking:

1. Brazil
  2. Switzerland
  3. France
  4. Croatia

Let’s see how wrong I am.

There you go. Spaniards are out (thanks Akinfeev) and so Croatia’s path can’t be easier now.

Belgium was lucky as sin to win that game…

Japan really should have won it… never discount luck
in any sport…

Kropotkin

ok, the UK-Sweden game is now in the 66 minute and the Brits are up
2-0… the thing about this game has been how fast it has been, and by
that I mean, both teams really drive the ball… and are very quick in doing
so……the speed of both teams is the best of any game I have seen so far…
also the English keeper has made a couple of really good saves…

going to work shortly…

Kropotkin

ok, game over, UK wins……

two things impressed me, first the team speed of England and
the overall team defense… the english lads have a real chance to win
this thing…

Kropotkin

The entire country has taken to the streets… the chanting drifting on the breeze, and this time, no siren after siren after siren, for the next few hours… unlike the night of the previous match we played.

I spoke too soon… the sirens are approaching.

Can they not celebrate in peace? and yet still… horns tooting, fireworks going off, and a dog starts barking, but the cheering doesn’t seem to ever stop.

My condolences, Mags. Croatia is too good for you . . .

…it’s ok Magnus, I’m part French ; )

Croatia were strong and fast, but they did play dirty unstopped.

It’s like England just stopped playing at a certain point, and never regained form… they got shoddy.

I didn’t watch the match, so I don’t know if they played dirty, but if it is to trust people around me, they say Croatia simply dominated England. No dirty play, just usual English excuses.

I gave Croatia their props, and England no excuses… Croatia played dirty, but you can judge that for yourself if you care to watch the replay. Swinging your opponent round and round before shoving them into the grass is an allowable tackle now?

I’m not a fan of football… my sports of choice are cricket, polo, rugby and rowing, and also show-jumping… how very Colonial of me aye, but I found this World Cup entertaining, and I can watch (rather than back) France, as I don’t have anything to gain in backing any team… I watch sport for entertainment value… it is a thing, you know, and I am allowed to watch sport my way.

London sure is quiet for a Summers night. :-k

The silence was deafening…

…the fouls called by the referee during the Belgium/England match, pale into comparison of those ignored during the Croatia/England match fouled by Croatia… that ref should be sacked. =;

Belgium are near our goal too many times already… stop allowing them England, ffs :icon-rolleyes:

just watched the final… a very strange game…
own goal, hand ball, people running around the pitch,
goalie fuck up… all in all, weird end to an excellent
world cup. France did have the best team…

I still wish for an England vs France final, but one can’t have it all…

Kropotkin