James S Saint

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: James S Saint

Postby Zero_Sum » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 am

Chakra Superstar wrote:Fixed hasn't been here for hours.

I think he's dead. :-?

I see what you did there. 8)
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:28 pm

On a more positive note, maybe James is in the process of putting the finishing touches on some book...

I wish you well, James.

CBS
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Chakra Superstar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:On a more positive note, maybe James is in the process of putting the finishing touches on some book...

Or dead.
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby Serendipper » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:I hope he shows up and has a good laugh at the claim that he is in his 70s and dead.

I had the impression that he is somewhere between 30 and 50 and nowhere near close to death.

Any evidence to back up your claims?

A friend had a heart attack at 50. Atherosclerosis is a silent killer that typically begins in early years:

Atherosclerosis generally starts when a person is young and worsens with age.[2] Almost all people are affected to some degree by the age of 65.[6] Atherosclerosis is the number one cause of death and disability in the developed world.[9] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherosclerosis

Friend's mom has aortic aneurysm at 72. She was fine one moment and bleeding internally the next.

There are all sorts of things that can go wrong and most happen suddenly and without warning... and at just about any age, especially above 50.

It's also the worst flu season the US has had since 2009, if he lived in the US, he may have had flu complications.
Serendipper
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:02 am

you all have James dead.... well maybe he just hates all of us and
refuses to come here anymore.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:you all have James dead.... well maybe he just hates all of us and
refuses to come here anymore.....

Kropotkin

No, James S Saint was too cool and level headed to think like that, he wasn't any kind of little whining priss. He was far more respectable than all of that.
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Zero_Sum

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 am

You keep saying, "was"...
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 pm

http://forum.neosophi.net/viewforum.php?f=16

Strangely, that's from before this thread's OP...
"Your symbolical, lyrical and musical world can become an absolute standard. That is to say the highest on Earth." (Fixed Cross, "Re: A letter for the King" (return email to yours truly!), my translation.)
kali maa jaap mantra {om aim hreem kleem chamundaye vichaye}
"didja read that great wall of text he wrote? i'm tellin' you, ollie is the grand master of the esoteric and eclectic. if there IS something more to life, something extramundane or divine or whatever you wanna call it, ollie will figure it out" (Zoot Allures, to phoneutria, about yours truly.)
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Mitra-Sauwelios wrote:http://forum.neosophi.net/viewforum.php?f=16

Well, he must have died on Feb 19 which is when Joker started this topic which to me suggests that Joker killed him.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:

Well, he must have died on Feb 19 which is when Joker started this topic which to me suggests that Joker killed him.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, do not accuse me of something serious that I didn't do man! Not cool, not cool!
Zero_Sum

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, do not accuse me of something serious that I didn't do man! Not cool, not cool!

Joker, you are encode_decode??

The only other way it makes sense to me is if encode_decode (also) has access to J.S. Saint's account on Neosophi, and posted those things under his name. And considering he's secretly Joker, it wouldn't surprise me--wait!

Joker, did you kill James, or were you James!? Your first account was that of James L. Walker, after all...
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Maybe these were automatic posts that he set up in advance?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Mitra-Sauwelios wrote:

The only other way it makes sense to me is if encode_decode (also) has access to J.S. Saint's account on Neosophi, and posted those things under his name. And considering he's secretly Joker, it wouldn't surprise me--wait!

Joker, did you kill James, or were you James!? Your first account was that of James L. Walker, after all...

Ah shit man, you have all been reading too many detective Nancy Drew novels.
Zero_Sum

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Maybe these were automatic posts that he set up in advance?

:lol: WTF?!
Zero_Sum

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Mitra-Sauwelios wrote:

Ah shit man, you have all been reading too many detective Nancy Drew novels.

That's not a denial. And I also seem to remember James S. Saint and James L. Walker first appeared on ILP around the same time.
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:Maybe these were automatic posts that he set up in advance?

:lol: WTF?!

I mean, maybe JSS didn't want to spam that forum with his posts so he simply queued them.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:05 am

And a saint is of course someone who walks with God, a walker with God... And about the origins of the letter L, Wikipedia writes:

"Lamedh may have come from a pictogram of an ox goad or cattle prod. Some have suggested a shepherd's staff." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L)

As for the letter S:

"Northwest Semitic šîn [...] originated most likely as a pictogram of a tooth[.]" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S)

These symbols are united in that of the trident, which literally means "three-tooth". The trident is the weapon of Shiva, whose steed is a white bull, and of Poseidon/Neptune, who sent a white bull to seduce Pasiphaë. I could go on!
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby Mithus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 am

The admin J.S.Saint on Neosophi Network is not James. Encode-decode is using that name so as to post quotes with the proper name attached.
..... panta rhei .............................................
Mithus

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 am

But then his threads are temporally close to that of encode's thread -- only minutes apart. So Sauwelios is prolly right.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 am

Mithus wrote:The admin J.S.Saint on Neosophi Network is not James. Encode-decode is using that name so as to post quotes with the proper name attached.

Thanks for clarifying. Back to square one.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:12 am

Mithus wrote:The admin J.S.Saint on Neosophi Network is not James. Encode-decode is using that name so as to post quotes with the proper name attached.

I see. (People who want me to go on about that bull stuff may want to check this out, by the way: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2117098#p2117098.) So e_d's tribute to James may really be posthumous, then. Tragic irony, man, tragic irony...
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 am

:-k
Zero_Sum

Postby iambiguous » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:09 am

Still, let's not lose sight of the fact [if it is a fact] that in so many predicable ways James was/is a run of the mill objectivist.

And that, indeed, some take this to the grave.

If it's any consolation to them, though, I'll be tumbling into my very own soon enough.

The Grim Reaper could not care less about objectivism. Much less nihilism.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:51 am

This brings up a good question...
What kind of philosopher is the “grim reaper”?
Is he the devil or some other aspect of Satan?
And who would Satan admire as a philosopher?
From what I read, he seems to be a rather
Emotional kind of guy! He doesn’t seem to
Be into rational kind of thoughts...

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 am

iambiguous wrote:Still, let's not lose sight of the fact [if it is a fact] that in so many predicable ways James was/is a run of the mill objectivist.

I agree, he was a dinosaur. A formidable dinosaur, though.

And that, indeed, some take this to the grave.

If it's any consolation to them, though, I'll be tumbling into my very own soon enough.

The Grim Reaper could not care less about objectivism. Much less nihilism.

Logically, that either means He does care about objectivism, and possibly nihilism too, but just cannot care about it less than a certain positive amount. Unless you think He may care less than nothing... If not, then let us try and care a negative amount. Then if so after all, we may actually end up caring a positive amount?
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat