Illness of the stomach

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Illness of the stomach

Postby UrGod » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 am

This forum site makes me sick. It is physically distressing to be here for more than roughly 8-10 seconds. I find my stomach contorting with too much acid or bile or perhaps muscle spasms, for I’ve grown no longer able to feel any sense of outrage at the sheer unimaginable and unapologetic whoredom of idiocy that ILP represents. One does not look with pity or hatred upon a dung heap. But one does turn away instinctively from a dung heap out of disgust that is felt somewhere down in the bowels, if one makes the error of lingering too long nearby the rotted feces.
Nietzschean anti-leftist.
UrGod
Philosopher

Re: Illness of the stomach

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 am

Zoot Allures wrote:"or, in the improved language of VO, things struggle for their values."- urgod (in a previous post)

and now:

"... at the sheer unimaginable and unapologetic whoredom of idiocy that ILP represents. One does not look with pity or hatred upon a dung heap."- urgod

*ahem*

that's the wrong attitude for a VOist, pal. all things struggle for their values (hey you said it, not me), and yet you demonstrate very little tolerance for other valuers.

a re-evaluation of VO's valuation of values would be invaluable, i think.

i'm gonna eat my mcdonalds value meal right now, and while i do, i want you to think about that.
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby UrGod » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:31 am

Stop being a fucking retard.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 am

Take an anti- acid tablet or make yourself vomit.
"The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone."

"I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death."

-Thomas Hobbes-

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

“To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.”― Marquis de Sade

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

"Republicans are red and democrats are blue, neither political party gives a flying fuck about you." - Unknown Origin

“In the architecture of their life some may display Potemkin happiness in view of hiding the dark features of their fair weather relationship, preferring to set up a window dressing of fake satisfaction rather than being rejected as emotional outcasts." Erik Pevernagie
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator, Absurdist, And Cynic

Location: United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire Of Wallstreet.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 am

Have you considered growing a pair? That might help.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby UrGod » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:17 am

I am the only one around here who has any.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Ovaries?
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Ovaries?

I certainly hope not.

"I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death."

-Thomas Hobbes-

“To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.”― Marquis de Sade

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

"Republicans are red and democrats are blue, neither political party gives a flying fuck about you." - Unknown Origin

“In the architecture of their life some may display Potemkin happiness in view of hiding the dark features of their fair weather relationship, preferring to set up a window dressing of fake satisfaction rather than being rejected as emotional outcasts." Erik Pevernagie
Zero_Sum

Location: United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire Of Wallstreet.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am

Seems like he's on his period. It may be ovaries.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Seems like he's on his period. It may be ovaries.

But he's a he right, how is that even possible?

-Thomas Hobbes-

― Robert A. Heinlein

Zero_Sum

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 am

Science.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Science.

Man you must be midnight toking right now. :-"

-Thomas Hobbes-

― Robert A. Heinlein

Zero_Sum

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 am

Nah.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 am

It's like 1:45am.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:It's like 1:45am.

Whatever time it was or is now I'm still going with under the influence of something as I can't imagine how anybody could write some of the things you did without being under such. I'm going to go with it as a gut feeling.

-Thomas Hobbes-

― Robert A. Heinlein

Zero_Sum

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 am

Never trust your gut man. That's a sucker's game.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Never trust your gut man. That's a sucker's game.

???

-Thomas Hobbes-

― Robert A. Heinlein

Zero_Sum

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

UrGod wrote:This forum site makes me sick. It is physically distressing to be here for more than roughly 8-10 seconds. I find my stomach contorting with too much acid or bile or perhaps muscle spasms, for I’ve grown no longer able to feel any sense of outrage at the sheer unimaginable and unapologetic whoredom of idiocy that ILP represents. One does not look with pity or hatred upon a dung heap. But one does turn away instinctively from a dung heap out of disgust that is felt somewhere down in the bowels, if one makes the error of lingering too long nearby the rotted feces.

http://pioneerthinking.com/remedies-for-stomach-pain

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ev ... resist-why

Hope it helps. :evilfun:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 am

Zero_Sum wrote:

???

What's so complicated about that? There are people who make calculated decisions based on observable data, and there are people who go with their gut. Age old debate. Should passion be the slave or reason? Or vice versa? I'm on the passion being the slave of reason side of it. I think it's better to think and understand first and then passionately pursue the goal than it is to feel something passionately and then try to reason your way to making it the case.

Does that make sense?

It's like that Plato or Aristotle bit about the chariot and the horses and all that shit.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 am

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:

???

What's so complicated about that? There are people who make calculated decisions based on observable data, and there are people who go with their gut. Age old debate. Should passion be the slave or reason? Or vice versa? I'm on the passion being the slave of reason side of it. I think it's better to think and understand first and then passionately pursue the goal than it is to feel something passionately and then try to reason your way to making it the case.

Does that make sense?

It's like that Plato or Aristotle bit about the chariot and the horses and all that shit.

Not exactly what I meant either.

-Thomas Hobbes-

― Robert A. Heinlein

Zero_Sum

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat