hello to all

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

hello to all

Postby telos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm

im new here and truth seeker. hope that i will find it,
telos

Re: hello to all

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Welcome.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Erik_ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Welcome to the site. There are many interesting characters here and many things to philosophize about.

What sort of philosophy interests you the most?
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 pm

telos wrote:im new here and truth seeker. hope that i will find it,

DIKAIOPOLIS: I hate the truth in every sense of the word. The only thing I like about it is that it is nowhere to be found.

RHAPSODOS: We are sailing on a red wine-sea, on a hollow ship, a black ship

SOKRATES: Don't you mean wine-red sea, dear poet for you are a genius and such genius would never say something that isn't utterly the best and clearly what I said is the best, is it not?

RHAPSODOS: When are we in Piraeus?

BOATSWAIN: Hohop-hop, hophop-hop....

DIKAIOPOLIS: Go on and don't listen to that dreary talkish fellow. Come on and sing some more stories for us, for it is still a long voyage home. Have some wine by Zeus!

RHAPSODOS: By Zeus I shall have some wine... now where was I.... the wine-red sea, a black ship, a hollow ship and the boatswain says "hophop-hop, hohop-hop."
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Thunderbolt steers all things.
https://soundcloud.com/jakob-milikowski/eve ( Wolf Child )
Book - http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm

telos wrote:im new here and truth seeker. hope that i will find it,

I hesitate to suggest that you have been here before. :evilfun:
If I am wrong, I apologize for my skepticism.
But clearly.......

How do YOU recognize truth?
Where else, besides a philosophy forum and the impeccably-typed word, might you expect or hope to find truth?

:text-welcomewave:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat