Thoughts, Observations and Questions.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Thoughts, Observations and Questions.

Postby Erik_ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:54 pm

It has been awhile since I have posted here.
How have you guys been?

This thread will consist of brief observations of mine and so on.

What, in your guy's opinion, is the ideal type of society? What sort of government would it consist of? What sort of culture would it have? What type of values?
Erik_
Philosopher

Re: Thoughts, Observations and Questions.

Postby Erik_ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Modern day feminism has got to be one of the greatest farces of all time.

The origin of it in the West began on delusional views of some tyrannical patriarchy in America that oppresses women.

While it is true that there were some areas where women were not treated fairly, there was never any oppressive patriarchy in the United States.

Feminists just disingenuously imagined things, like, for example, that women in the 1950's 1960's were forced to stay at home and be house-wives,
when, in reality, they were free to live in their own homes. Also, in regards to education/colleges not accepting women and women not having access to proper
education, there were public libraries that had all the information they required, free of charge, so they could become intellectual and knowledgeable.

These are a couple of the major foundations of modern day feminism and they are essentially erroneous and exaggerated.

In addition to this, feminists often complain about the most trivial and asinine of things that supposedly occur in the United States, while turning a blind eye to very legitimate violations of women's rights over in the Middle East.

The prevalence of feminism in the world is amusing and only betrays the level of mass idiocy across the globe.
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby James S Saint » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Erik_ wrote:It has been awhile since I have posted here.
How have you guys been?

What, in your guy's opinion, is the ideal type of society? What sort of government would it consist of? What sort of culture would it have? What type of values?

The SAM Co-op. A SAM Co-op is a small cell formed of from 4 to 75 people that is one of millions of self-sufficient similar cells of the body of Mankind (similar to a family). Each SAM Co-op is governed by a specific Constitution although each has its own amendments. Every Co-op is "internet-connected" by a specific network for sake of News, Philosophy, and Trade. Thusly, each cell forms its own culture, values, and life-style. The details get drawn out, but that is the basic idea.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm

E wrote:
What in your opinion is the ideal type of society

One where everyone is hardwired for universal altruism
Because of human nature this can never exist in reality
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75

Postby Erik_ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:13 pm

I agree with an ethic or spirit of universal altruism.

World peace begins with the family, good parents.

Children who are well loved, with gentleness and warm kindness, become ideal human beings.

Deep compassion and love for other people will brings heaven to earth.
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Can a conscience be taught or is it an inherent aspect of a person? These choices we make are ours when push comes to shove and even though we may frown upon our options, they exist. "No" always exists just as "Yes" always exists or am I forgetting something?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Conscience is mostly conditioned in using inherent fears and hopes.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Dan~ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Erik_ wrote:It has been awhile since I have posted here.
How have you guys been?

Welcome back, then.
I been above average, as far as I can tell.

A good society is made of good individuals.
An emphasis on virtue would seem to be the answer.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 pm

James S Saint wrote:Conscience is mostly conditioned in using inherent fears and hopes.

Really?

Conscience:
A person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour. Oxford Dictionary

In the past, when I have tested my conscience, I don't remember any fear or hope prompting my intention to see what would happen or my after the fact physiological reaction, what did happen, which ranged from self-disappointment to self-disgust. Describe this fear or that hope for I surely don't understand how that type of self-awareness can be conditioned into existence.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Erik_ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:19 am

What are your guy's thoughts on transhumanism and artificial intelligence?

I see these things as manifesting in the near future.
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Dan

A good society is made of good individuals.
An emphasis on virtue would seem to be the answer.

But what virtues would they be? Any virtues or particular virtues which would uphold/sustain a good society?
"Good* is kind of a flimsy word.
I also think that *good* is according to one's own perception and often "ego" and it has been known to burn people at the stake, for instance.
So-called good people have also been known to do NOTHING when evil rears its ugly head and thrives.
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”

You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Jakob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

I'd say that a good society is actually made not of individuals, but of partners, partnerships, clans.

individualism has ruined every civilization where it took hold. Humans are worth nothing to each other if they are oriented primarily on their individuation. All that makes a human society work is if humans desire to spend their lives in service of a higher cause.

In such a society, there is a lot for freedom of individualism. But individualism is like the cherry on the cake, it has not power to create, to serve, it isn't valuable. Its just a symbol, not a thing.
Each overly individuated person will eventually kill himself or move back into some fold - or create his own community.

You see this, for example, in Hollywood, where a lot of aspiring individuals live, who, when push comes to shove, all turn out to really want to be cattle in a stable, and are supremely happy when they only have to moo and be shoved around by some institution.

Some individuals worth their salt did exist. Casanova comes to mind. No philosopher is an individual, and no artists or politician - profoundly creative people have their soul intertwined with the peoples of the Earth.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

No philosopher is an individual, and no artists or politician - profoundly creative people have their soul intertwined with the peoples of the Earth.

The latter part of the above may be true but this does not mean that they are not individuals. I intuit that if they were not, they could not be as profoundly creative as you say they are. They all express themselves from within a different core and life experiences.

Pollack's Weaving Revisited.JPG
Pollack's Weaving Revisited.JPG (247.51 KiB) Viewed 537 times

Turner's seascape.jpg
Turner's seascape.jpg (111.85 KiB) Viewed 537 times

The Inter-connectiveness of the artist within his universal community is not the same as being part of the "herd" or something like the Borg.
I intuit that without his own personal individuality and unique personality, the artist could be nothing but a sardine in a can of sardines.

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”

You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Erik_ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Erik_
Philosopher

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat