a career change

I have been thinking of a career change for some time

I currently am a software engineer - Its what my degree is in

However I find the work to be a combination of extreme boredom (staring at a screen) coupled with fighting constant computer errors and poor documentation (how to use other peoples softwares is an industry challenge). The profession pays pretty well, but I am willing to give up some of the pay for a more enjoyable career. I’m 30, and as I age I’ve noticed my brain doesn’t work as quickly as it used to - The intellectual stimulation is becoming a bit much for me to handle to be honest. Some would say I would be ill-advised to give up this career choice

I would like to do something completely different, but I don’t know what I would like to do. For the mean time I plan to stick with the engineering until a better opportunity arises

The job I most enjoyed was retail, although the pay was not very good. I’d reconsider retail if a management fast-track was on the table

Anyone have any good recommendations as to an enjoyable career? Keep in mind I have an engineering degree but I don’t necessarily need to be using it. I’m not opposed to physical labor

If pay wasn’t an issue, my ideal job would be selling umbrellas to people on a beach

having spent 15 years in retail, I can state without reservations
it SUCKS and that isn’t just about the pay… I did a couple of years of
retail management, assistant store manager and I worked 55-60 hours
a week while the store manager did jack at 40 hours and was paid quite a
bit higher then I was and bonuses… mid management, means you don’t have
the authority to make any necessary needed to make the store run right,
but you get the blame if things go wrong… also mid management gets it from
both sides, higher management and lower employee’s… in evaluating being in
management in retail, it is far more important who is ABOVE you, then who is below you,
for any jerk above you can make your life a living hell… where as you can deal with
anyone below you…all in all, I would recommend to anyone,

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM RETAIL AT ALL COST…

Kropotkin

i’ll keep this in mind

I guess what I want is labor that is more mindless