drunk post

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

drunk post

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Last night I got drunk and my mind was never clearer. They say statistically high IQs are more likely to drink.

This post sounds like a drunk post, but last night it was more clear to me. I categorized things into facts and theories.

I believe we are all inside a computer simulation and we are in these organic vine things kind of like a super computer. It is located in some kind of organic vine netting that sort of looks like this.
I don't know if this is a fact, call it a hunch, call it a foresight, call it female intuition if you will.

But I think this is a false world and someone is pulling the strings, I think it is the Wacowski Sisters.

Now that is all theory, but here is a fact. I think Consciousness is actually in the future and we are looking at life backwards. I think this is so due to the way dream recall works. We can only be conscious of a dream if in our future is calm and able to recall the dream when we wake up. So it's like the dream consciousness does not exist unless our future already exists within an hour 15 minutes or so.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Re: drunk post

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:48 am

Drunk = Carefree Cheerfulness ... a most desirable state of being for almost all people.

St Augustine's Milano experience speaks volumes and volumes still today ...

"How unhappy I was and how conscious you made me of my misery, on that day when I was preparing to deliver a panegyric on the emperor. In the course of it I would tell numerous lies and for my mendacity would win the good opinion of people who knew it to be untrue.
The anxiety of the occasion was making my heart palpitate and perspire with the destructive fever of the worry, when I passed through a Milan street and noticed a destitute beggar.
Already drunk, I think, he was joking and laughing. I groaned and spoke with the friends accompanying me about the many sufferings that result from our follies.
In all our strivings such as those efforts that were than worrying me, the goads of ambition impelled me to drag the burden of my unhappiness with me, and in dragging it to make it even worse; yet we had no goal other than to reach a carefree cheerfulness.
That beggar was already there before us, and perhaps we would never achieve it. For what he had gained with a few coins, obtained by begging, that is the cheerfulness of temporal felicity, I was going about to reach by painfully twisted and roundabout ways.
True joy he had not. But my quest to fulfill my ambitions was much falser. There was no question that he was happy and I racked with anxiety. He had no worries; I was frenetic, and if anyone had asked me if I would prefer to be merry or to be racked with fear, I would have answered 'to be merry'.
Yet if he asked whether I would prefer to be a beggar like that man or the kind of person I then was, I would have chosen to be myself, a bundle of anxieties and fears.
What an absurd choice! Surely it could not be the right one. For I ought not to have put myself above him on the ground of being better educated, a matter from which I was deriving no pleasure. My education enabled me to seek to please men, not to impart to them any instructions, but merely to purvey pleasure. For that reason you 'broke my bones' (Ps. 41: 11;50: 10) with the rod of your discipline(Ps. 22: 4)."
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:35 am

I am a villain with the mind of Adagio Dazzle, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not really part of your world.

So for me, laughter is not so much a carthasis as it is a distraction: I am super sane.

My instinct when other's laugh along side me, is to synchronize their laughter along mine, and cut them off before the smell of the asynchronicity fills the room.

Fast forward to 43 seconds to understand my true feelings about laughter.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:17 pm

"Malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to Man."--A. E. Housman (SIC)
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat