What would an actual party of ILP look like?

Lets say there are a couple of hundred people that sometimes check posts here and have, the past years.
I wonder what they look like. What a gathering of them (the larger “us” here, I suppose) would have the general appearance of being like. (now shoo, Heidegger)

I imagine it something like this but gibber. I meant bigger. Or did I?

It would not be like this

but it could be this

with some more tables.

It would be in my hopes to imagine it so:

(but more multifarious)

But I fear some would want it to be this.

I might be among them after several beers.

Or instead we could smoke:

Insights appreciated.

Or it could be something like this:

Enough said. Magnus is in charge of all future parties.

It would be held in a very large, circular room. There would be conversations in every corner. :slight_smile:

What the fuck is that woman doing there? Better be making sandwiches for the men in a nearby kitchen.

Because only ILP women can give birth to real men.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmiRzJ-VF3I[/youtube]

I would walk around the circular room watching everyone arguing with each other about all manner of subjects
just like they do here although I would say nothing myself since I do not like to talk but prefer to listen instead

A nice meal, some good wine and lots of ‘spirited’ conversation.

But really, if there ever was such a party us Nazis would totally crash it and make the recent LA shooting seem like nothing in comparison

Just in case you come back from the permaban, again… you would kill your own? Are you confused?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TocBuhl_6JE[/youtube]

I imagine a lot of shy girls, and some shy dudes. Which I love. Then the 3 or 4 cocky ones would start stirring something up, and grab the attention of the shy ones. The shy dudes in a daze, the shy girls feeling like they just walked into a pumpkin.

Then hopefully after some alcohol and drugs the cocky ones would scheme out some stupid thing, and then who knows. And then the Sun would come and wash it all away. Well, not all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bmsluWHZc[/youtube]

The original song was lyrical, but was so obscene it was disallowed. So the whistling is a testament against authority in more than one way.

Anyway if such a party was put together, I’d find some way, any way, to make it there.

It would look like those guys who hang around colleges but are older, some in bands, some trickling their way to degrees, some stoners, some doing some kind of Eastern meditation and wearing the appropriate semi hippie semi hipster clothing for their generation, whichever it is. There would be a few women. Most of the men would be awkward around the women. fifty fifty split on thc and alcohol imbibement. Undancable music, unhealthy food, bad skin. Some surprisingly short people with a lot of facial hair. A lot of people standing or sitting along clutching a beverage. A lot of laughter that sounds somewhere between a snort and a cough. People rolling their own cigarettes. A few truly randomly mixed breed dogs that had to be brought to the party because they bark nonstop if left alone. Very few wedding rings. One suicide during the event.

Carleas on a scooter delivering appetizers.

:laughing:

I’d be:
-one of the few women there
-alcohol imbibing
-petite, but without the facial hair
-rolling my own cigarettes i.e. roll ups
-no wedding ring, but plenty of admirers ; )

I’ve actually been to a gathering like that (minus the suicide), and it was actually a lot of fun.

Karpel, I really doubt it would look like your birthday.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Come on. His cliche-filled post deserved a predictable joke.

Thinking people are unsightly nerds. Okay great. We know that boorish idiots think this. Fuck off already.

What I think an ILP party would look like is a big mud pit spiked with some alcohol and sulphur. Half the people in it trying to push each others heads in the mud, the other half standing around looking bored.

Gods we are, riders on the storm.

No really, there would be a lot of loud shouting and laughing, rather proud than hysterical. People would come into their own. Intelligence isnt shy before other intelligence. It only has to hide from stupidity, pretend modesty, where stupidity is the norm.

Oh, that defintely could have been one of my birthday parties (or one of yours I would bet). But my birthday parties now don’t look like that at all, for good and for ill.