Plan of ILP

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Plan of ILP

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 am

Fixed Cross wrote:These are more spiritual new age communities than philosophical communities, as there already is a philosophy that defines the community - permaculture - a philosophical community, it seems to me, would pertain to all possible philosophies.

I disagree. The community was established before anyone had heard of the term Permaculture. The community wasn’t based on Permaculture, quite the contrary. Permaculture sprang out of the community’s search for a better way to live . IF the community had an underlying philosophy it was to offer a place where people could explore different ways of living. That was the only principle that tied everyone together.

Fixed Cross wrote:I will in any case not be part of something that seeks to seclude. I am only ever interested in expanding the scope of influence of real philosophical exploration. Science must be integral part of any such community - it must develop the exact sciences, that is the first condition.

If you're referring to my post, the community I spoke of could hardly have been more open. The 30+ members consisted of a Christian couple, a Buddhist, a couple of atheists, a UFOligist plus a plethora of new age hippies, ‘straight’ people and guests passing through. Yes, I called it a new age community because we didn't have terms like 'intentional community' back then.

Anyway, Permaculture is a methodology not a belief system. It’s a way of thinking, acting and learning by doing – aka action learning. It’s a holistic, systemic approach to problem solving in that it targets the source of the problem rather than the symptoms and addresses the whole, rather than just the part that appears to be the problem. Importantly, one must remember that he/she is part of the system he hopes to improve.

Maybe it's not your cup of tea. Fine. Each to his own but for me, the mark of a great philosophical community is one that co-creates its own philosophy -- a practical philosophy -- then exports it so hundreds of thousands of people can live better lives. This, however, is only the start.

Last edited by Chakra Superstar on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:25 am

What would the drug and alcohol policy be? I was all for it when I joined said community but against it by the time I left.

Last edited by Chakra Superstar on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby Lump » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:I have been watching the TV show Eureka and I have been inspired to greatness, I want to build a Philosophy Center so that we can build a community of geniuses in which we can live and breathe together.
A genius is born, not created. You can't just make people read books and suddenly they become geniuses, it doesn't work that way.
Lump

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:24 pm

A genius is born, not created.

The potential for genius is born, the environment creates the necessity for genius' realization.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:35 pm

What would the drug and alcohol policy be?

Legal is fine...my vote. Moonshine and street drugs would be no-no's. :evilfun:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Chakra Superstar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:33 am

WendyDarling wrote:
What would the drug and alcohol policy be?

Legal is fine...my vote. Moonshine and street drugs would be no-no's. :evilfun:

OK. Thanks.

(that's two off my list)
spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat