A Thread To Talk About Anything.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 pm

I was just ranting. This seems to be a universal thing for the most part, and there's not really much you can do about it except not to buy into it.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 am

That rant of yours, Pandabear, really hit the mark. :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Pandora wrote:I don't like it!! So?! What is it with this modem prissy attitude? Someone's got an idea that life's like being at a restaurant and going down a fucking menu. I like this, I don't like that. It doesn't always work like that in life, in fact, that would be an exception rather than the rule. If an enemy comes to your house will you say I don't like this particular enemy I want another one, or why don't you come in the evenings instead of mornings, when I'm ready. I'm seeing a lot of those picky challenge-seekers. Seeking custom challenges and then proclaiming themselves heroes and masters. Give me a break. There is a crucial difference between overcoming something you CHOSE to overcome and something you HAD TO overcome, because for the former you were ready beforehand, and the latter, the one you did not pick, is the one that really tested your abilities.

Entirely natural behavior.
Indeed, the one who thinks that one can solve any kind of problem that is thrown at him is the one who is being severely delusional.
There are limits. Everywhere.
There is no such a thing as absence of limits.
The very concept is meaningless.
This means that each one of us has limits.
We can solve some problems, that's true, but there are also problems we can't solve.
What you're doing here is you are looking down upon people who can't solve problems that (presumably) you can solve.
You'd exhibit the same exact behavior if you were forced to deal with a problem that was outside of your capabilities.
In other words, you'd try to run away from it.
I bet you wouldn't like it.
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Pandora » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 pm

What you're doing here is you are looking down upon people who can't solve problems that (presumably) you can solve.
. I was not exempting myself from it, so there was no need to get defensive about it. Magnus, you're the one trotting around here on a white horse in a dignified manner, telling everyone what's what...objectively. I'm just hobbling along through life on my braying donkey the best that I can, staying close to the ground, and that works for me.
But thanks for pointing it out to me anyway, you can probably see much further from your horse.
hee-haw! Time to get moving.
See you around, Magnus.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm

:lol: Funny image of you on a donkey, Pandabear.

Magnus, you have been trolling Pandabear ever since she interacted in the education thread, like she really upset you by being too callous for a female. What's going on?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat