26 and still single. Should I give up?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: 26 and still single. Should I give up?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:03 am

Maia wrote:I don't see myself just as a somebody with a disability that any potential partner would have to put up with.

Would you consider going on The Undateables?

Now.. before you scoff.. I consider myself currently quite undateable.. and have been since early last year due to a major lovely little chronic illness flare-up, but.. why are the contestants so blunt, forward and fruity? :lol:
MagsJ
The Londonist

Re: 26 and still single. Should I give up?

Postby captaincrunk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Maia wrote:I don't see myself just as a somebody with a disability that any potential partner would have to put up with.

No, and why should you?

The problem isn't that people are buttholes and would view you as "just someone with a disability". You are obviously more than a disabled adult. But you still are also disabled, and it does present unique challenges in any long term partnership. Most disabled adults get along fine without the assistance of a significant other. But there is almost always some kind of reliance or at least assistance from family.
captaincrunk
BANNED

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat