26 and still single. Should I give up?

Uhm…I’m not sure what this is about but that sounds kinda scary. Are you talking about STDs?

No, that was not my intention, although, those kinds of considerations do play into it.

Pandora:

Little later, got caught up here. What I meant was, sex is a necessary function, for the lack of it most people would be disappointed, even to the point of becoming ill. The underlying ID, is chaotic, having no reference point, or object, primarily as a self serving pleasure principle. Hate to get Freudian about it, but it was Freud who passed the reality principle as a secondary consideration, and at that Jung took a leave. The underlying chaos manifests and develop complexes paralleling the chaos.

One way is to take the ideal, the ideal man, whoever that may be, and use him defensively, idealise him,
reassuring him/her self as to counter the chaos of choice in men. The perfect man is usually Dad, and for women it becomes the Electra complex, because it comes from the primary sources of information available to a little girl.

A wannabe man canno relate primarily in terms of understanding of a small child, for whom a good dad means anything but the obvious and sometimes repellent aspects of human intercourse. In a way You are right, the aids years only reconfirmed these feelings and thoughts.p

I genuinely did not intend to be mean, but somebody needs to tell you how things are. You correctly perceived that men who approach you are unsuitable, but the reason is simply that you yourself are unsuitable.

Unless you are extremely hot, like a 9 or 10 (and judging by your picture, you’re not), you’re simply not worth the trouble.

I think that you instinctively know all of this, which is why you look down upon any man who would want a serious relationship with you - because he proves he can’t do better than an ordinary blind girl.

Find another man with a similar disability whom you can relate to.

I aint allowed to tell the truth about this abuse, where it comes from. So typical.

Maybe MagnusJ hates women. Well okay you have an opinion Magnus but you should learn more sensitive emotions and get some heart in you.

Too much tv.

Do you mean MagsJ/me? :confused: Magnus is a male ILP member, I am a female moderator.

Please remain on-topic or refrain from posting in this thread further, if you cannot control yourself/your emotions. You happily announce your overt sexuality every chance you get, but no-one else is free to express themselves? Go figure…

I hope you find love Maia, but I have no advice to give.

Woof. Wanna go out?

Ah, fuse, you are a fresh clean breeze among the pollutants which occupy our sorry ground level ozone.
Hagd. :mrgreen:

Hey, what’s wrong with my pic?

I find your pic rather intriguing because you are not showing your face and so
why Aut can claim you are not hot I do not know but do not let this worry you

Thanks. I thought he might have been referring to the rather unflattering work uniform I was wearing from the leisure centre.

Maia, wot’s the rush, chill and yes, stop looking. When you meet your man you will know it!

Forget about the losers.

Giving up isn’t an option if you’ve never tried.

If your idea of hunting is to become the bait, don’t be surprised if you get devoured.

Maia, I have the same problem as you.
I stopped hating women because I realized it’s not a gender thing, I know many women get ghosted and seem to be invisible and get no replies to their emails and messages.

I think it is some kind of spiritual Twilight Zone or some cloud of darkness hanging over certain people, sabotaging their lives and trying to make them miserable, manipulating people.

I don’t think you get what she means. I have been approached by these kind of men as well, it’s not pretty nor is it romantic at all.

Objectively, nothing. You’re probably pretty good looking, even if you can’t look at stuff very good.

Dating with serious disabilities is very difficult. It’s tough enough with invisible disabilities like ADHD or mental illness. But once your disability is visible, you pretty much have to be up front about it. Online dating is super easy and rewarding nowadays. I would definitely date someone who was blind if I thought they were cool, but I think I also recognize that it can be difficult for the people you might want to date. Disabilities shouldn’t prevent you from doing most things, there’s almost always a way to do the same things anyone else would do. But some thing just aren’t the same. Like bowling, or pretty much any sport or video games, visual media, stuff like that.

I just got married at 27, and it’s pretty great. So thinking about giving up at 26 is definitely a mistake.

I don’t see myself just as a somebody with a disability that any potential partner would have to put up with.

Why don’t you flash that pretty face of yours around and you won’t be single for long?

Sometimes i try to make new friends.
Sometimes i just piss around and rest my mind.
The whole issue is with existential philosophies on human nature.
People are scared of being used.
They don’t want things to be unfair.
Other people don’t really care about people and they want to use everyone up.

I met one fellow whom lied to all his friends and tried to get money out of them.
He lied so much, like, a really bad lier.

I’ve met some near-perfect people though, for what counts.

Some people make the game no fun.

Would you consider going on The Undateables?

Now… before you scoff… I consider myself currently quite undateable… and have been since early last year due to a major lovely little chronic illness flare-up, but… why are the contestants so blunt, forward and fruity? :laughing:

No, and why should you?

The problem isn’t that people are buttholes and would view you as “just someone with a disability”. You are obviously more than a disabled adult. But you still are also disabled, and it does present unique challenges in any long term partnership. Most disabled adults get along fine without the assistance of a significant other. But there is almost always some kind of reliance or at least assistance from family.