3 topics I'm staying away from

Debates/discussions over race, sex and left/right politics.

Why?

Because this forum like so many has become saturated with them, and so many other SGE’ topics I’d rather be discussing are falling under the radar.

The left/right false dichotomy stifles thinking, it’s inauthentic and unimaginative.

Pick your team and root for it, my team right or wrong, instead of being your own person, or forming your own alt team to this, binopoly.

People are seldom capable of discussing race and sex in an uninflammatory, nuanced way, apparently myself included, and they’ve been done to death anyway.

I used to talk about race years ago back when hardly anyone else was from like an ‘alt right’, for want of a better term, point of view, but it’s no longer an interest of mine, I don’t feel strongly about it either way.

Race/Sex are hot button topics, they can always be counted on to provoke a response, or more often than not a reaction from people, but 98 times out of 100 they’re sorely lacking in content.

You should put ‘Muslims’ on the list.

This place is becoming a soapbox for preachers. It might be called “I Love Assertions”. Posters assert something, don’t give rational reasons for it and won’t take questions. They declare anyone who is not cheering and applauding as being uneducated, insane, cucks, libtards. They want an audience of yes-men.

I like women.
Women have given me some of the more thoughtful replies to my posts so far.
I like how they ask question rather than going back and forth the way men often do, rarely making any headway.
I myself try to strike a balance between answering and questioning, have a conversation, a dialogue instead of a monologue.
To be honest I don’t wish to alienate myself from them by harboring extremist views about race/sex and so on.
I don’t think I hold any extremist views on these issues, I’d say they’re nuanced rather than extreme or conventional, but it’s easy to get caught up in this sex war some men and women seem to be waging here.
Like I said these aren’t my main interests anyway, same with the whole Muslim thing.

Funny how that works, isnt it. The only topics you talk about are the ones you talk about steering clear of.

Another stalker.

:icon-rolleyes:

I don’t know what you’re on about, I’ve talked about an array of topics since I got here.