Gunshy

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Gunshy

Postby WendyDarling » Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 am

Any words of advice about starting and/or running a forum would be greatly appreciated?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Gunshy

Postby WendyDarling » Sat May 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Oh boy, this is getting complicated. So far I'm leaning towards...a fully managed cPanel VPS with DDoS protection included, Linux based, with root access. :D If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg or I offset that cost with limited ads and such.

When HTML was a new thing it was a headache managing a websites output on the various browsers which there are many more now plus cellphone platforms. Hah, now there are programs that test, but no fixes. Lol.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Amorphos » Sat May 27, 2017 11:56 pm

invisionfree forums are the easiest imho, and you can glam it up with pictures as background and graphics down the bars etc
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun May 28, 2017 1:47 am

Amor,

Are you certain that invisionfree is still up and running? It looks like it was abandoned, even the copyright is outdated.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:55 am

Still gunshy.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat