True Christianity

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: True Christianity

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Trixie,

im pretty sure god is the worst monster ever made, after all he made hell... and cursed as all to live a life inside a shitty world, which he all could have prevented i might add.

Do you really see it that way?

I think that what created hell is our own version of the truth of things, our own interpretation of who or what God is, and our own version of the truth of what justice is.

Who could possibly believe in a god who condemns his own creations to an eternal living hell?

so your philosophy is basically, god is real but the bible is a pack of lies.

building a better future
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Void_X_Zero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:12 am

"Siamo contenti? Son dio, ha fatto questa caricatura . . . [Are we happy? I am God, I made this caricature . . .]"

--Nietzsche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkUzU9OiDI
Void_X_Zero
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:39 am

Erik_

God is not going to judge someone based off whether they believe Genesis is allegorical or literal; He is going to judge them based of whether or not they accept that Jesus died for their sins and rose again on the third day. You are saved by faith alone in the sacrifice of Jesus, you are not saved by holding to the exact same interpretations of certain denominations about how the world was created or how it will be destroyed. Faith in the Holy blood of Jesus is what saves alone.

You can still be a Christian and believe in theistic evolution.

Erik, throughout the SCRIPTURES not denominations, there are references to God creating all things, one example is “thou are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: FOR THOU HAST CREATED ALL THINGS.” (Revelation 4:11) and there are more examples.

The Bible is the primary way that God reveals Himself to man and without complete study of the Bible, you might become confused by the teachings of some New Age cult, being taught evolution and believing that the Bible is full of fiction, fantasy, and fables. Though written over a period of 1,600 years by about 40 different authors, speaking four different languages, it delivers ONE MESSAGE and ONE VOICE.

“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ” —Matthew 4:4
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

Who could possibly believe in a god who condemns his own creations to an eternal living hell?

so your philosophy is basically, god is real but the bible is a pack of lies.

lol
I will speak of God when the conversation is about God but I don't actually believe. at all.
The closest that I can get to a concept about God is "pure energy".
Basically for me it is a Jungian archetype.
That doesn't mean that it cannot be a valid one - after all, we are human.

I don't necessarily believe that the bible is a pack of lies. Some of it is history. Perhaps some of it is lies and/or aggrandized just as sometimes history does not always tell the truth of things but adorns it or plays it down.
The bible is inspiration but I do not believe that it is a God's inspiration; rather, it is inspiration and imagination as interpreted from the hearts and minds of those who wrote it.

As I do not believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater, there is a lot of human wisdom within it.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat