Introducing Otto_West

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 09, 2017 8:01 am

I think he's related to Kanye West.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby fuse » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 am

Otto_West wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:I mean, I pretty much know everything man. How come you won't get all philosophical with me and talk about necessity and possibility. I was drunkenly explaining the difference between valid and sound to a girl at lunch today, and I went on a long tangent about necessity and possibility. She ended up vaguely understanding it, or at least convincing me that she did. It was fun. Why you go straight to the ad hom? That's a fallacy. Some people have various justifications that they'll use to attempt to dignify such behavior, but those are bullshit. I thought you were here to enlighten. Don't be the ad hom guy. Be the enlightener. You're letting me down, and worse, you're letting yourself down.

You're asking me to explain basic philosophy that everybody should already know having any interests philosophically. Might I suggest you read the book Philosophy For Dummies instead? I think it will broaden your horizon.

What about something as basic as causality. Off the top of your head, what do you think makes something the precise cause of something else?
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 am

Yeah I would love to be enlightened about that.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Otto_West » Tue May 30, 2017 4:41 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:I think he's related to Kanye West.

Yes, you've got me. I'm actually a black man posing as a white one online.

I have been exposed.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue May 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Otto_West wrote:Hello everybody my name is Otto_West and I am here to enlighten you all on philosophy as I've noticed you're all a bunch of vulgarians. Seriously, you all frankly disgust me. First off, I reside in London England where I run my own private security organization. I'm an American but I was left stranded here by some woman named Wanda in 1988 where I've been in London ever since. She got married to a local magistrate and headed to Buenos Airies without me. Women, go figure! At any rate I'm what you call a hopeful cynic and pessimist. At first that seems contradictory but really it isn't. I am here to deliver you all from evil, illusion, and your own self destruction one person at a time.

Also, I noticed you all have username titles, I want mine to read as Doom Pornographer. If somebody within your moderation group will make that possible I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully it has been a real pleasure for you all meeting me here as people generally come to that conclusion after talking with myself. I'm really that good.......



K: ummm, my fish is called Wanda..... any relationship?

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Otto_West » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Otto_West wrote:Hello everybody my name is Otto_West and I am here to enlighten you all on philosophy as I've noticed you're all a bunch of vulgarians. Seriously, you all frankly disgust me. First off, I reside in London England where I run my own private security organization. I'm an American but I was left stranded here by some woman named Wanda in 1988 where I've been in London ever since. She got married to a local magistrate and headed to Buenos Airies without me. Women, go figure! At any rate I'm what you call a hopeful cynic and pessimist. At first that seems contradictory but really it isn't. I am here to deliver you all from evil, illusion, and your own self destruction one person at a time.

Also, I noticed you all have username titles, I want mine to read as Doom Pornographer. If somebody within your moderation group will make that possible I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully it has been a real pleasure for you all meeting me here as people generally come to that conclusion after talking with myself. I'm really that good.......



K: ummm, my fish is called Wanda..... any relationship?

Kropotkin


No, that must be some sort of coincidence.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Otto_West wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Otto_West wrote:Well, I got done with a stint trying to rob somebody. I am trying to put my criminal past behind me though. I'm all done being a house burglar.

So what are you now? and I don't just mean career-wise... what sums you up?

I'm a taxi driver in London that likes talking the ears off of people.


So, you are a firm believer that what you do for a living is what "sums you up"? :-k

What do you do with those ears afterwards? Do you keep them or do they take them back?
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14914
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Ecstasy on Earth.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Otto_West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
So, you are a firm believer that what you do for a living is what "sums you up"? :-k

What do you do with those ears afterwards? Do you keep them or do they take them back?

My ears are big [huge] so when I am not driving taxis I fly around the city with them like Dumbo the elephant.

Image
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Otto_West wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:
So, you are a firm believer that what you do for a living is what "sums you up"? :-k

What do you do with those ears afterwards? Do you keep them or do they take them back?

My ears are big [huge] so when I am not driving taxis I fly around the city with them like Dumbo the elephant.

Image


Do you sometimes take on passengers?
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14914
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Ecstasy on Earth.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Otto_West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Otto_West wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:
So, you are a firm believer that what you do for a living is what "sums you up"? :-k

What do you do with those ears afterwards? Do you keep them or do they take them back?

My ears are big [huge] so when I am not driving taxis I fly around the city with them like Dumbo the elephant.

Image


Do you sometimes take on passengers?

No, I can't have any English fair maidens riding on top of my head at high speeds. It might give off the wrong impression about me if I did.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Why did you create a new account?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3551
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Otto_West » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Why did you create a new account?

I see gossip gets around quickly these days.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: Introducing Otto_West

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

No gossip just a keen eye.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3551
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]