How to make more friends?

If a person lives by herself and work by herself then how can that person make some friends? do you have some tips? Thanks!

I have made some friends here on this site, be friendly in a safe manner online though. If you desire more than pen-pals, try attending free meetings for activities you enjoy. If you’re shy or out of practice with other people, try going to new places and force yourself to engage in a conversation with at least one stranger there at a cafe, gym, grocery store, diner, book store, etc. It’s no easy feat to make friends with the opposite sex, so I’m sending you my best wishes in that arena. Good luck! :smiley:

but there is no free meetings In the place where I live, it is very sad. most of those events are held by some cafe and people have to buy drinks there. do you have lots of free events in your town?

but people usually do not want to talk with a stranger in a store.

Oh, you might be surprised what a nice smile and a genuine comment can do. Local libraries host small gatherings sometimes. You could start your own group, online ads and local peg boards with flyers.

Grocery store: Smiling say, “Why are you hogging all the produce over there?”

Keep it light and playful.

www.meetup.com

Have you tried being cool?

First that person has to understand what it is that is holding her/him back from making friends. It sounds like more of an excuse not to put her/him -self out there and less than availability/accessibility. That giant leap into the darkness - which actually becomes much more light - has to be taken. The pattern of that solitary life has to be broken.

Baby steps. But that person has to want to make the first move. After all, it isn’t as though he/she is on another planet all alone.

Maybe think about what you like to talk about. Then maybe think about where people are talking about that. Then maybe go to some of these places, get drunk, wake up somewhere, and have a new friend. Or girlfriend, or just platonicly, you passed out, or exhanged business cards. I mean anything can happen and its all good (in the hood)

oh yeah and listen to music that you like in your headphone and pretend other folk with headphones has the same songs.

[tab][/tab]

Poor baby. I think that that scene might have inspired Kierkegaard’s Fear and Trembling.
But begs the question though: Is the flower Abraham or is it Isaac?

Or does it at times represent all of us? Yes, it does, except of course for those who are beyond being human.

Listen to people. Don’t tell your life story. Keep some things to yourself. Be fair, helpful, and honest and keep your ulterior motives under lock and key. Exposure is important. You wont meet anyone sitting at home alone. Go out. Find a crowd. Mingle. Find a way to be happy with yourself and not need any affirmation. Then its easy. Don’t be like a guy who’s so horny that he turns women off with his bumbling drunken advances. Play it cool. When you don’t need something, its easier to get. Discover your talents, and display them humbly. Exercise some humility. Don’t be easily offended. Don’t offend others. Unless you’re in a church, a book club or at a political rally, don’t talk about religion, philosophy or politics.